Sign in to follow this  
HugoStiglitz

Majestic Software Dash 8 question.

Hello people! I had a quick question on the Dash 8. I just started using it so im not to familiar with it, however, whenever my plane is in the air, it always moves to the left. The ailerons aren't doing this but it just moves left when the yoke is idle and when its not on AP. Not sure if im making myself clear. Im not sure if this is because it behaves like a real airplane but I just wanted to know :P.

There's lots of talk about the prop wash and resultant left turning tendency being overdone (a matter of opinion I guess). Majestic support advices to use the rudder trim to help with this. I find after lowering the nose a bit and backing off the power and prop it diminishes slightly. The answer is it behaves the way MJ programmed it to and supposedly it is pretty accurate. Ugh.    

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

If it's not flying wings level on the PFD the use the electric rudder trim here;

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/yGQ

Just flick it with right or left mouse to make it fly level - if it's not that the someone will come in for you.

Could not find a way to attach pic.

Whoops some one beat me whilst typing - sry.

Denis :ph34r:

Took me a bit to find it but try this

Hi, Barra - a quick and easy way ( since you don't have rudder pedals) to stop this yawing to the left (by the way.....that is a very natural propwash effect in this aircraft - just like the real one!)  Nice one, Majestic!!!

What to do - go into the Aircraft's directory - I think it's called mjc8q400. Now go into the directory called ini.

Find the line that says - YAW_DUE_TO_PROPWASH = 1.

Change the 1 to a Zero.....save the file......"Problem" solved.

Rich Sennett

You should find it's linked to your wind speed and direction. On some departures I get no yaw (and thus wing 'tip') and other times, I need to dial in +/- 8 or 9 units of Rudder trim to get level.

It's quite realistic I believe - at least for the Q400, where the pilot who helped Majestic develop the plane, described the only use of the aircraft's Yaw Damper button, being to "add a little extra light to the cockpit". :smile: .... In other words, the YD is ineffective, so some Rudder Trim is required.

Took me a bit to find it but try this

Hi, Barra - a quick and easy way ( since you don't have rudder pedals) to stop this yawing to the left (by the way.....that is a very natural propwash effect in this aircraft - just like the real one!)  Nice one, Majestic!!!

What to do - go into the Aircraft's directory - I think it's called mjc8q400. Now go into the directory called ini.

Find the line that says - YAW_DUE_TO_PROPWASH = 1.

Change the 1 to a Zero.....save the file......"Problem" solved.

Wow.  All that money for a realistic plane & people are going to dumb it down as opposed learn how to fly it?  Stick with default if that's the case & save some money.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Wow.  All that money for a realistic plane & people are going to dumb it down as opposed learn how to fly it?  Stick with default if that's the case & save some money.

+1

......this is one aircraft where I wouldn't dream of messing with the FDE.    It teaches you to be a better (sim) pilot.     Once things like the 'yawing' and the landing are mastered, you will love them all the more, and miss them in other aircraft, with 'sterile' FDE.

I don't feel right flying it without trying to master the flight controls and all instrumentation, including AP. I've finally gotten a sense of LNAV programming, but have yet to be comfortable with how VNAV works. Just a question of time. Also, need to get a better understanding of how to program FMS to coordinate with loading parameters chosen in control panel, I'm not sure I can get those to match up unless I write a bunch of things down (horrors!).

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The DASH-8 Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The DASH-8 Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

You put thread into the PSS Dash forum.. not the Majestic one..

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.