Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

05MAY13 - Release Dates on the 777 and Our Silence on Same

No worries it will be done when it will be done, most of the immature folks are probably 14-16 year olds who lack the proper patients and maturity when it comes to waiting, you just have to either ignore them or take it with a grain of salt since you cannot please a 100% of your audience. I've seen other companies hand out release dates only to break them real bad so what PMDG does makes real sense. 

What happened last night?  I must have missed it.  The P in PMDG stands for Precision for a reason.  Who cares if it's not released this month or next, fly what you currently have.  If it's ready in September, we'll be ready.  If it's released next April, by golly we'll just have to wait.  How hard is it to understand their release guidelines.

I hear my trusty MD-11 calling me :smile:

Chris Sunseri

I feel like my days back in high school on my track team when some small group of kids would do something stupid or continually not put forth the effort. My coach would talk to the whole team instead of just the ones who screwed up to let everyone know that he means business. His speech would boil down to, "get your crap straight, stop whining and shut up." He would then go on and say, " It seems like some of you cant do that; and for that, you are all going to have your work out doubled for the day. You can thank so and so for this." It brings back memories.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I am patient for a proper release. No worries.

But I do wish that the manuals could be released in pdf so we could start reading up and be ready to fly.

Not releasing them as a download from the PMDG site does nothing to combat piracy IMHO (assuming that's the reason).

spacer.png

I feel like my days back in high school on my track team when some small group of kids would do something stupid or continually not put forth the effort. My coach would talk to the whole team instead of just the ones who screwed up to let everyone know that he means business. His speech would boil down to, "get your crap straight, stop whining and shut up." He would then go on and say, " It seems like some of you cant do that; and for that, you are all going to have your work out doubled for the day. You can thank so and so for this." It brings back memories.

Matthew-

Hmmmm...  So you are suggesting I might have some success by making all the participants in this forum go run laps?

Okay...  Lemme go buy Ryan a whistle and a stopwatch that hangs around the neck. 

We are probably going to need a waterboy... any volunteers?

B)

I am patient for a proper release. No worries.

But I do wish that the manuals could be released in pdf so we could start reading up and be ready to fly.

Not releasing them as a download from the PMDG site does nothing to combat piracy IMHO (assuming that's the reason).

Chris-

The reason we do not release the manuals by download has nothing to do with piracy.  It is a restriction put in place by the owner of the copyright on those manuals, but I understand why you might have thought otherwise.

The only way to get the manuals is to buy the product or buy the books...

We have approached this issue with them previously- and there is no further discussion that they will entertain.  When considered from their position it makes quite a bit of sense- but I'm not really in a position to explain it on their behalf...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Matthew-

Hmmmm... So you are suggesting I might have some success by making all the participants in this forum go run laps?

Okay... Lemme go buy Ryan a whistle and a stopwatch that hangs around the neck.

We are probably going to need a waterboy... any volunteers?

B)

Chris-

The reason we do not release the manuals by download has nothing to do with piracy. It is a restriction put in place by the owner of the copyright on those manuals, but I understand why you might have thought otherwise.

The only way to get the manuals is to buy the product or buy the books...

We have approached this issue with them previously- and there is no further discussion that they will entertain. When considered from their position it makes quite a bit of sense- but I'm not really in a position to explain it on their behalf...

Hahaha I wouldn't last a second. I haven't ran like that since my last meet. That's being said, I could get off my but and stop playing NGX for a few hours. However that's the only thing keeping me focused so I can study for my CFI add on ride coming up.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Okay...  Lemme go buy Ryan a whistle and a stopwatch that hangs around the neck. 

I heard Ryan used to be a nice guy

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well said Robert. Although im not sure why you had to explain it once again for the umpteenth time. The 777 is not delayed except to those who think it is. To PMDG its right on time and will not be late.

Sometimes I think a room full of women with PMS handle themselves better than those who demand a release date right now this minute or else. (mileage varys ;)  )

Boeing didnt go and release and deliver the 787 to carriers just because they are overdue. If its not ready and satisfactory, it simply will not be delivered. End of story. No amount of standing on your head spitting nickles will change the fact. Principle is the same. 

Thanks again for the PMDG experience. It will always be great. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The reason we do not release the manuals by download has nothing to do with piracy. It is a restriction put in place by the owner of the copyright on those manuals

Thanks for the info Robert.

NP.  Understood.

Cheers.

BTW really enjoyed your speaking the other night.

(Is it sad that I spent my Saturday evening with a rum over ice listening to you...?)

spacer.png

I'm still busy and very satisfied flying the heck out of the NGX, so take the time you need for the tripple. Would be nice if you make it untill the end of the year though... (kidding)

I agree about not giving dates and think your right, but the statement I have to say makes me lol. Why?

Still on you web site is the vid showing the "NGX coming this summer", nope...it was around 14 months later, you posted the vid and later you said it would be that Christmas.

Feb last year you said the DC 6 would be in our hands very soon? 14 months later....nope

The 777, no release dates but you went into great lengths to explain the NGX was the building block for all your aircraft to come and you expected the 777 to only take around 6 months and implied you could bring the 747v2 within the same time frame.

So 1 1/2 years later and.....nope

So I think it no surprise people asking Q. No "release dates" but ....come on. How about "no release dates or silly hints on them"

I'm happy with my Q400 so I've all but forgot about the 777, but pls don't make out "we never give release dates", come on! Really!

Your products are first class and I love and have all of them, and there done when there done is fine, but its you that comes out with all the "hints" and "dates".

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Every product you have released is excellent, and the quality is only increasing. If that means I have to wait longer then that is fine with me. It is sad to see that some people were so rude last night, and I can only hope that all the pleasant, reasoned replies on this thread go to show that we are not all like that. Do not let those other people tarnish the experience you had in giving that talk.

The only one who will be angry  (and who actually wishes you could delay the release a bit) will actually be my wife  :LMAO:

Lol, just kidding, when it comes to spending countless hours on the computer  :p0504: , she's like  :angel:

And every once in a while, after I spend too much time flying, I'll be  :give_rose:

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I Guess I missed all the fireworks last night.

Keep up the Great work PMDG your aircraft are top notch.

It will be done when its done and really looking forward to flying The triple7.