Sign in to follow this  
lianpu

How to switch off default FSX Runways for Tileproxy use

Hi,

I am very happy with my Tileproxy installation and would like to use the photo realistic runways and taxiways instead of the often slightly misplaced FSX default runways at small airfields in Europe. How can I switch off the normal runways in the scenery library? I would be grateful for any help on this issue!

Regards, Christoph

It can be done

BUT you loose ALL ILS freqs,lights for approach/taxi/anything and is not worth it

except if you only fly airfields without the need for any navaids

I've also thought maybe you could redesign an airport using some freeware app then reduce the size of runways to near zero, that would allow you to keep the navaids/ but the lights would not fit the new pinpoint runway texture

I do not think you can do that. I might be wrong but would also like to know..

Google for    ..    DeleteRunwaysUS     ..

I think it is on another website, not AVSIM....

... would like to use the photo realistic runways and taxiways instead of the often slightly misplaced FSX default runways at small airfields in Europe. How can I switch off the normal runways in the scenery library?

I have had the same problem with FSX stock airports - misplaced runways, taxiways, aprons, buildings, etc.  The only satisfactory solution I have found is to redesign the airports in question using the real world photorealistic images of the airports and the surrounding area as a reference point.  I use the free Scruffy Duck Airport Design Editor Ver1.50 for my airport redesigns.

I like to fly glider/sailplanes where TileProxy real world scenery is spectacular.  However, when you land at a lot of smaller airports they are not in their proper location with respect to the real world scenery - hence the misplacement problem.  I have found runways misplaced by a few hundred feet (LFEQ Quiberon) to a few thousand feet (LFLJ Courchevel for example).

A favorite soaring area for me is the French Alps.  I have redesigned a number of airports due to the misplacement of the FSX stock airports.  In addition, I have discovered a number of great small airports that are not included in FSX stock airports.  I have designed a number of these unlisted airports, added them to my Addon Scenery folder in FSX and fly regularly from them with FSX.  This has been a personal effort that I plan to make available as a scenery/airport download from the Avsim.com library and Simviation.com soon.  It is a matter of documenting these airports properly for the library.  For now I have included a couple of examples of an airport misplacement (LFEQ and LFLJ) and a link to a Picasaweb album with many more FSX Airport screen shots.

Here is the link to the airport screen shots.  All TlieProxy satellite imagery is from Service 1 (Bing).

https://picasaweb.google.com/109190555875461046235/FSXTileProxyAirportsFrance#

Enjoy,

John G.