Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Bennett

EICAS colour, can it be changed like the PFD?

EICAS was in purple

I think the purple EICAS screen is the result of the camera and not the actual screen.

Can it be changed in the FS9 pmdg like the primary flight display can or not?

I don't have FS9 but I don't think it can be changed.

They only look blue because the camera is compensating white balance for the cockpit's tungsten light and the color of the cockpit panels. On the real airplane, they're white.

Don't expect any serious developer like PMDG to choose to make something different than the in real airplane for any reason other than FS limitations.

This is one of the many reasons why YouTube and photographs can't be used as the solve evidence for the way things truly look.

In this case, as mentioned by the others: white balance

They only look blue because the camera is compensating white balance for the cockpit's tungsten light and the color of the cockpit panels. On the real airplane, they're white.

Don't expect any serious developer like PMDG to choose to make something different than the in real airplane for any reason other than FS limitations.

They allow changing colour of the speed and altitude tapes on the PFD and the artifical horizon colours, so i just wondered if there was a way to change the EICAS. Now you've mentioned it's just the white balance though that does make more sense. Either way it actually looks easier to read what's on the screens IMO, since it's not as harsh a colour when the cockpit is dimmed for seeing out the windows.