I currently have a single 22inch widescreen running 1680x1050 reoslution. When I use virtual cockpit mode, My controls take up about 80% of the space leavign just 20% at the top of the screen for outside. (and no periphal vision at all).

I don't have the room for a multi monitor setup, I was thinking ZI could go for a 27inch monitor with 2560x1440 reoslution. I just wanted to chekc that would give me a much better experience? The cost of those montiors is relaly expensive so i don't want to spend that much if a single monitor setup is still limited. also i know I will probably need a graphics card upgrade which is fine because I needed one anyway.

other option is I can buy a 30 inch LCD TV with 1920 x1080 resolution for under half the price of a monitor.

Hi Flamer,

Make sure you have

Wide view aspect =true.         set in your .cfg file,   as having it set to false, can make instruments and controls appear too close and limit outside view.

As to monitors,  bigger is better in my opinion

Ron.

... have no idea how much room u have for a Multi-monitort setup but:

Lots of monitors on Craigslist, u can always wait for a "Steal" 

Space can be saved by using Dual Monitor Stand

With the respect to the resolution, going bigger, won't change much, it's only enlarging, what ever you already got, that's it

Cheers

Yair

Hi Flamer,

Make sure you have

Wide view aspect =true.         set in your .cfg file,   as having it set to false, can make instruments and controls appear too close and limit outside view.

As to monitors,  bigger is better in my opinion

Ron.

Ok well mine was set to false, so I changed it to true, however it didn't change anything, this is a screenshot of what i see:

http://postimg.org/image/of4yrz61z/

would be very keen if someone could post a picture of what they see with a single larger higher res monitor.

Ok well mine was set to false, so I changed it to true, however it didn't change anything, this is a screenshot of what i see:

http://postimg.org/image/of4yrz61z/

would be very keen if someone could post a picture of what they see with a single larger higher res monitor.

That looks like the 2d panel which doesn't have side views try switching to the virtual cockpit

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hi Flamer,

both shots you posted look perfectly normal to me,  it's how they look on my setup, having a bigger monitor won't change what you see, just a bigger picture of the same view.       You could always zoom in a bit with the + key to see over the glareshield,    

Ron.