Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

Caution messages

I've been landing and taking off at higher elevations (~10000') and getting the following Cautions:

> Set Landing Altitude

> Avionics Fan Override

> Close outflow valve

How do we set (or reset) the landing Altitude?

Is any action necessary / required regarding the Avionics Fan Override and Close Outflow valve cautions?

If yes, how is this accomplished?

Thank you,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Is any action necessary / required regarding the Avionics Fan Override and Close Outflow valve cautions?

The AVNCS FAN OVRD message is informing you that the avionics exhaust fan is operating in flight. The fan is automatically turned on if the cooling flow is below normal. No action is necessary.

The outflow valve message is telling you that you need to ensure the valve is closed (or needs to be closed). Look up on the overhead panel and ensure the valve is closed. If it isn't, switch the pressurization system switch to MANUAL and close the valve.

How do we set (or reset) the landing Altitude?

Insert a destination in the FMS or use the manual landing altitude selector on the overhead panel (on the right side near the middle).

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Thank you for the tips Kenny.  When I'd entered my plan into the FMC, it was obvious that the destination wasn't in the current database,

so that may explain "Set Landing Altitude" caution.  I read the manual but don't completely understand the adjustment procedure.  I'll likely

be able to figure it out when I've had an opportunity to fiddle with it.  Same goes for the Outflow Valve setting...........

Best regards,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman