Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06MAY13 - PMDG 777 External Model Preview #1 of 2

Looks fantastic!!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

James-

In aviation we have a saying:  Never say any more than you absolutely need to say when answering a question. 

Example:  In interviews I would ask the candidate if he knew what time it was.  If he replied, "yes" or "no" then he was paying attention.  If he told me what time it was, he was anticipating what he THOUGHT I wanted to hear, but wasn't actually listening to what I asked him...  (Yes- that is how we tested the way people think...  fun, huh?)

So how this relates to you:  Your first sentence was correct... but your thought process after it was not...  I'm not giving you any hints tho.  B)

Damn, thought I had it.

I will now get back to reading this;

41112.png

..and hopefully come up with a better answer... Shame the aircraft I did my TR on didn't have flaperons -_-

Damn, thought I had it.

I will now get back to reading this;

41112.png

..and hopefully come up with a better answer... Shame the aircraft I did my TR on didn't have flaperons -_-

ROFL. That is just too funny. Taking it with a sense of humor is awesome. 

Just like Robs speeches and write ups have that humor and wit  Exactly what these threads need to lighten things up. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Though I agree to some point, I view this fantastic human achievement as a beauty, and not a beast, or perhaps a beautiful beast. :P

PMDG, you seem intent on flirting with reality.  The lines between reality and sim are getting blurry (exterior model).

Perhaps James earned some sort of prize for his ingenuity lol.

Waleed N

Awesome shots  :O . I absolutely cant wait to get my hands on this beauty.

Thanks for that update, uhhhh my keyboard is full of drool. Good work PMDG group!!! :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy:

This following image is pretty similar to the one above, except for one major point: Jason is too fast on the approach... And the airplane is trying to save his career for him. Any of you guys know what the airplane is doing right now, and more importantly- what benefit it is bringing to Jason's long term career prospects?

Rob,

The flapperon looks retracted. Does it have to do with the plane's automated stress/load alleviation on its control surfaces to ensure/maintain structural integrity?

Stunning thanks!

Rob,

Do the flaperons raise to reduce lift on the aft part of the wing (reducing lift -- upward pressure -- aft of the center of pitch rotation), thus helping the nose to pitch up, thereby reducing speed? In the after-landing picture, the pitch seems to me to be unusually high (not too far from a tail strike), which would fit with this scenario.

I can hardly wait for this plane to be released!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

@Robert and Team,

Jason = Nailed it

p.s did you look into the engine fan blade textures since the previews last year? I love the textures in these shots, not as light grey. Outstanding :) 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Just got back from my first trip to Japan (first trip on a 777) so this has brightened up my morning somewhat!