Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06MAY13 - PMDG 777 External Model Preview #1 of 2

Could it be that the flaps are slightly retracted due to "load relief" The 747 has this feature, I'm sure the 777 has something similar.

But this would mean he is setting off the FDAP, so a little carpet dance with the DCP will probably be called for.

(And yes, the "What else can we write up Jason for doing" easter-egg hunt continues!)

I can't really tell by the images, but it seems Jason forgot the landing lights, unless they're obscured by the angle :P

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Rob, Will the 737-900ER have this level of exterior detail as well?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

This following image is pretty similar to the one above, except for one major point: Jason is too fast on the approach... And the airplane is trying to save his career for him. Any of you guys know what the airplane is doing right now, and more importantly- what benefit it is bringing to Jason's long term career prospects?

(Yes... I was a chief pilot... and yes... this is the kind of stuff you notice when you are responsible for such things... Poor Jason never stood a chance. :ph34r: )

It's the flap LOAD RELIEF. It will stop extension and retract (as necessary) to prevent structural damage due to excessive speeds. You will receive a white "LOAD RELIEF" EICAS message alerting you that the aircraft is doing this.

Captain, thanks for these amazing shots!!! WOW. But pkease release this bird as fast as you guys can! :-D 

One question I have, on the NGX the animations of the flaps and spoilerons are not very smooth, they're quite choppy. Will it be better and a lot smoother, especially the spoiler deployment? Thanks for answer. Keep it up!!! Thumbs up.

With kind regards, Tom

holy.....wow......

....aaaaand now I'm late for work.

Absolutely first class, cannot wait.

Derek C.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Robert, just one quick question. It's not a greatly important effect, but will heat blur from the engine exhausts be a feature of the 777 product by any chance? You've gotta admit it would look cool, if it can be done...

Absolutely sensational shots PMDG! You have yet again exceeded all expectations and have set an even higher benchmark for flight sim!

I for one would like to congratulate all involved for this 777, I have no doubt that it'll be one of your most successful products to date:-)

I look forward to seeing more, hopefully videos, in the future.

Brgds,

James B

Great shots! I hope you'll add those new reflection maps to the NGX with SP2. They look incredible!

Rob,

The flapperon looks retracted. Does it have to do with the plane's automated stress/load alleviation on its control surfaces to ensure/maintain structural integrity?

Thon Do,

Same boat as James.  You are correct- that is the feature- but you guys still haven't figured out WHY it is doing what it is doing...  B)    (Load relief is not a factor in this case...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thon Do,

Same boat as James.  You are correct- that is the feature- but you guys still haven't figured out WHY it is doing what it is doing...  B)    (Load relief is not a factor in this case...)

It reduces lift and pushes the plane down, since it is too fast and high.

Rob,

Do the flaperons raise to reduce lift on the aft part of the wing (reducing lift -- upward pressure -- aft of the center of pitch rotation), thus helping the nose to pitch up, thereby reducing speed? In the after-landing picture, the pitch seems to me to be unusually high (not too far from a tail strike), which would fit with this scenario.

I can hardly wait for this plane to be released!

Mike

Oooh mike- so close...  yet so far...  

You are in the right general area- but you need to think through your answer a bit more.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com