Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06MAY13 - PMDG 777 External Model Preview #2 of 2

Those night shots, the glowing brakes, the details in the prior thread, it is all too much to take in one sitting...  Going to have to go through each pic carefully, you could throw an A*Rliners.n@T banner on some of those and call them pics not screenshots.

Thanks RSR et al!  Simply amazing as always.

Paul Solk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

She's going to look stunning in a FedEx livery 

I've got about 7 FedExVAC pilots sitting here right now drooling over that picture and the idea of her in FedEx skin. You have no idea what percentage of the hundreds of pilots in our airline are biting at the bit to fly her from Memphis to Dubai.  :wub:  :lol:

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Absolutely beautiful. Just when I was starting to get tired of hearing about this aircraft, the preview shots make me want her all over again!

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

I've got about 7 FedExVAC pilots sitting here right now drooling over that picture and the idea of her in FedEx skin. You have no idea what percentage of the hundreds of pilots in our airline are biting at the bit to fly her from Memphis to Dubai.  :wub:  :lol:

Haha I bet! Give me a shout if a lot of you are doing that route sometime and I'll do it with you all  ^_^ (Shotgun FL340 over the Atlantic  :P :lol:)

thanks RSR! Cant Wait! like you said yesterday the future is BRIGHT! 

Haha I bet! Give me a shout if a lot of you are doing that route sometime and I'll do it with you all  ^_^ (Shotgun FL340 over the Atlantic  :P :lol:)

We have a plan of making it a multi-community, public event with bookings, prizes, and such to celebrate the release. But that's for another time...  ^_^

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Good update, cheers, that should sooth the savage beasts somewhat (myself included)...

spacer.png

Thank you Robert, for the new pictures of the 777. The lighting, I find really cool made​​, or if the brake discs are hot, at touchdown :smile:.  The whole plane, looks really good :good:

Sebastian

looking fantastic! Is that really a gear door unsafe light I see?

Brian-

Yes!  In a nutshell- it is telling you to stay out of the gear bay...  Yes, we actually modeled the light functionality and operation.

There is a process you have to take the gear system through if you have the gear extended by alternate method and then you wish to return it to normal operation...  We modeled that too...   

Something else you will notice on this model is that the gear door animation is done correctly.  I'm not going to explain that in text- we'll show it to you in a video in stead.  B)

Are the brake lighting modeled dynamically?

Dave-

Yes.  The temperature range for the brakes is treated accurately, and the glow of the brakes is dynamic based upon temperature. 

The temperature readout on the flight deck is accurate, and the impact of excessive heat on the braking subsystems is accurately modeled.  The level of detail in the braking system alone on this airplane is simply incredible.  You can see when you look through the failures menu that there are a wide array of components that you can fail in the brake system- and the airplane will adjust itself accordingly.

We have given you the ability to fail whole brake assemblies- and you then get to see how the (very intelligent) 777 Central Maintenance System works with AIMS to be certain that it does not throw you a message that might impact your dispatch reliability unless it is necessary...

Pretty cool to see in action...  And since we give you the ability to tinker by failing components and pieces at a very granular level-  you get to experiment and see how the airplane responds...

We have a plan of making it a multi-community, public event with bookings, prizes, and such to celebrate the release. But that's for another time...  ^_^

Nick-

Okay... Waitaminute...   

A guy named "Crate" flying a freighter...  You know what we used to call freighters at my line?  

Yeah...  Crates....

You know- because you pack stuff inside a crate?

Am I the ONLY one finding this funny?

Maybe 3.5hrs of sleep each of the last two nights is not enough....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Pretty cool to see in action...  And since we give you the ability to tinker by failing components and pieces at a very granular level-  you get to experiment and see how the airplane responds...

Sounds so very interesting. Planning to do an RTO 3kts b4 V1 then to see the result. 

This 777 Central Maintenance modelling sounds like we will be able to send it for respective checks. Although I will have to definitely press the 'R' key to speed up the D checks. If indeed that is the case. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Glowing brakes?... Smack! Knockout! Competition lies down on the floor......

Thank you sir!

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931