Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06MAY13 - PMDG 777 External Model Preview #2 of 2

Chris-

We ALWAYS keep this in mind.  We spend a significant amount of time refining and reducing usage wherever possible, in order to avoid hitting any liitations that impact users.

Unfortunately- most simmers have no clue how any of this stuff works, so they will install 10,000 scenery packages, traffic, weather and 20 other apps that do everything from record video to communicate with the CIA predator drone circling their neighborhood in search of blood.  When they have a subsequent OOM they come crying to us- and we wind up suggesting that they back things down and get rid of the things they don't need.  when we get involved with researching these things with users, we normally find it to be the result of some freeware package that they installed or other utility that was designed by an individual who was an innovative but sloppy programmer.

One our development rigs, we stick with the pros (like Orbx and FSDT and Aerosoft) and we tend to shy away from things that are on-off or hog down memory.

Users did that with FSDT CYVR as a perfect example. Take away all the addons and even with NGX and just CYVR with everything at max and you will only be at 2.6 on the VAS with DX10.

You might need a special tutorial training with full graphics to get people around this 4GB limit. LOL

BTW where is this app to communicate with the CIA?  Haha. too funny. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Extraordinary nice shots & update! Looking forward to the in depth preview of the flight deck :wink:

Thank you for the update. I am gobsmacked, this looks even better than I imagined. I really can't wait for this now.

Thank you PMDG.

Adam

What do the flags signify on the PMDG 777 livery at the back of the aircraft?

Anyone know as I am being nosey!?

Not sure but I think its the pmdg developers home country's ?

Rich Sennett

Chris-

We ALWAYS keep this in mind.  We spend a significant amount of time refining and reducing usage wherever possible, in order to avoid hitting any liitations that impact users.

Unfortunately- most simmers have no clue how any of this stuff works, so they will install 10,000 scenery packages, traffic, weather and 20 other apps that do everything from record video to communicate with the CIA predator drone circling their neighborhood in search of blood.  When they have a subsequent OOM they come crying to us- and we wind up suggesting that they back things down and get rid of the things they don't need.  when we get involved with researching these things with users, we normally find it to be the result of some freeware package that they installed or other utility that was designed by an individual who was an innovative but sloppy programmer.

One our development rigs, we stick with the pros (like Orbx and FSDT and Aerosoft) and we tend to shy away from things that are on-off or hog down memory.

Thank you very much - i know you do! I was already the one who asked that question during your interview at the fundraiser event.... sorry, but there is hardly anything more frustrating than flying for 10+ hours on a perfect flight and then getting those aweful "beep"-sounds on approach and then the fatal CTD-crash just moments before touchdown... (happend to me on a 747X flight to FSDT CYVR)

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Not sure but I think its the pmdg developers home country's ?

Richard is correct

Thank you very much - i know you do! I was already the one who asked that question during your interview at the fundraiser event.... sorry, but there is hardly anything more frustrating than flying for 10+ hours on a perfect flight and then getting those aweful "beep"-sounds on approach and then the fatal CTD-crash just moments before touchdown... (happend to me on a 747X flight to FSDT CYVR)

CYVR is an exception I think.. It's the only scenery I have an issue with, with OOM's 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Coooooooool we have a winner  lol  :)

Rich Sennett

Nice work... looks smooth and beautiful.

While I could go on Google and query this:  Does anyone know the shortest runway that can accommodate the B777?  (just a general answer as it will change with weight, wind, runway conditions, temp etc etc)...With the B738 I love to use it as my personal BBJ on Pilot Edge.  This T7 might be a little large but could fly well under an N callsign too :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Brian-

Yes!  In a nutshell- it is telling you to stay out of the gear bay...  Yes, we actually modeled the light functionality and operation.

There is a process you have to take the gear system through if you have the gear extended by alternate method and then you wish to return it to normal operation...  We modeled that too...   

Something else you will notice on this model is that the gear door animation is done correctly.  I'm not going to explain that in text- we'll show it to you in a video in stead.  B)

Dave-

Yes.  The temperature range for the brakes is treated accurately, and the glow of the brakes is dynamic based upon temperature. 

The temperature readout on the flight deck is accurate, and the impact of excessive heat on the braking subsystems is accurately modeled.  The level of detail in the braking system alone on this airplane is simply incredible.  You can see when you look through the failures menu that there are a wide array of components that you can fail in the brake system- and the airplane will adjust itself accordingly.

We have given you the ability to fail whole brake assemblies- and you then get to see how the (very intelligent) 777 Central Maintenance System works with AIMS to be certain that it does not throw you a message that might impact your dispatch reliability unless it is necessary...

Pretty cool to see in action...  And since we give you the ability to tinker by failing components and pieces at a very granular level-  you get to experiment and see how the airplane responds...

Nick-

Okay... Waitaminute...   

A guy named "Crate" flying a freighter...  You know what we used to call freighters at my line?  

Yeah...  Crates....

You know- because you pack stuff inside a crate?

Am I the ONLY one finding this funny?

Maybe 3.5hrs of sleep each of the last two nights is not enough....

You get 3.5hrs of sleep a night? Luxury! I get less with my nearly 3 month-old bouncing baby Boeing (ummm, that should be boy), lol. I bet your wife loves this stage of the development cycle, Robert. I can just imagine her saying after release and your life almost back to normality, "Hey, you look familiar! Have we met before?"... :lol:

I'm going to be THAT guy and ask...

Can we get some Hi-Res wallpapers please ? :)

Nick-

Okay... Waitaminute...   

A guy named "Crate" flying a freighter...  You know what we used to call freighters at my line?  

Yeah...  Crates....

You know- because you pack stuff inside a crate?

Am I the ONLY one finding this funny?

Maybe 3.5hrs of sleep each of the last two nights is not enough....

Crate is better than flying with a pilot whose nickname is "Crash"...

Just call me Boxxy (Boxee?) because that's what the people at school call me.  :LMAO:

I'm also known as Nacho, which is the Spanish name I was provided for my first year of Spanish. Don't ask how or why, but let's just say there is a reason I'm now a second year Latin student...  :lol:

*Stands up*

Hi. My name is Nick/Nacho/Boxxy/Crate and I have an addiction. I'm addicted to airplanes... And I'm proud of it!  :Party:

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

At a guess I'd say all where all the people working for PMDG are from.