Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06MAY13 - PMDG 777 External Model Preview #2 of 2

Hmmm!! Lets hope the 777 is better than their last offering hey!

And what was wrong with the last offering ? Weird thing to say!!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I will NOT accept the "Green Version"!

Do you have an idea how much primer would be required to prepare it for painting.

You should think a matter over a release of such a unready product. Take 2 month more time before release :LMAO:

Thanks for the updates Rob!  I have to tell you, those night shots give me chills; they look so realistic.  

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Amazing pictures, how did you know it was my birthday..

Derek C.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Robert, when did work first start on actually building the PMDG 777? Just wondering how long it's taken to get to this point today...

Brian-

Yes!  In a nutshell- it is telling you to stay out of the gear bay...  Yes, we actually modeled the light functionality and operation.

There is a process you have to take the gear system through if you have the gear extended by alternate method and then you wish to return it to normal operation...  We modeled that too...   

Something else you will notice on this model is that the gear door animation is done correctly.  I'm not going to explain that in text- we'll show it to you in a video in stead.  B)

Dave-

Yes.  The temperature range for the brakes is treated accurately, and the glow of the brakes is dynamic based upon temperature. 

The temperature readout on the flight deck is accurate, and the impact of excessive heat on the braking subsystems is accurately modeled.  The level of detail in the braking system alone on this airplane is simply incredible.  You can see when you look through the failures menu that there are a wide array of components that you can fail in the brake system- and the airplane will adjust itself accordingly.

We have given you the ability to fail whole brake assemblies- and you then get to see how the (very intelligent) 777 Central Maintenance System works with AIMS to be certain that it does not throw you a message that might impact your dispatch reliability unless it is necessary...

Pretty cool to see in action...  And since we give you the ability to tinker by failing components and pieces at a very granular level-  you get to experiment and see how the airplane responds...

Nick-

Okay... Waitaminute...   

A guy named "Crate" flying a freighter...  You know what we used to call freighters at my line?  

Yeah...  Crates....

You know- because you pack stuff inside a crate?

Am I the ONLY one finding this funny?

Maybe 3.5hrs of sleep each of the last two nights is not enough....

Crate is better than flying with a pilot whose nickname is "Crash"...

Thanks for all the hard work PMDG, your NGX made me win my local simulator Kai Tak approach challenge, I'm sure the 777 will take me up the next level ^_^   A guess for the last pic: is it the bogies tilting before retraction :rolleyes:

IMPORTANT=============  Would really like to see some lights on the gorund from inside the VC in dawn and dusk this time - pretty please - thank you.

Rich Sennett

I've got about 7 FedExVAC pilots sitting here right now drooling over that picture and the idea of her in FedEx skin. You have no idea what percentage of the hundreds of pilots in our airline are biting at the bit to fly her from Memphis to Dubai.  :wub:  :lol:

Now all we need is a outstanding KMEM scenery!

Peter Osborn

Thank you so much Robert. Both topics the first one and this one containing superb screenshots and a lot of information.

I can't put this into words, how awesome the 777 will be.

Looks great - amazing detail... well, i hope not too detailed - i know you keep VAS/Ram-Usage in mind, right?! This is a MAJOR problem for many users, especially on heavy/detailed/complex airports the 777 likes to operate from.

Thanks.

Chris-

We ALWAYS keep this in mind.  We spend a significant amount of time refining and reducing usage wherever possible, in order to avoid hitting any liitations that impact users.

Unfortunately- most simmers have no clue how any of this stuff works, so they will install 10,000 scenery packages, traffic, weather and 20 other apps that do everything from record video to communicate with the CIA predator drone circling their neighborhood in search of blood.  When they have a subsequent OOM they come crying to us- and we wind up suggesting that they back things down and get rid of the things they don't need.  when we get involved with researching these things with users, we normally find it to be the result of some freeware package that they installed or other utility that was designed by an individual who was an innovative but sloppy programmer.

One our development rigs, we stick with the pros (like Orbx and FSDT and Aerosoft) and we tend to shy away from things that are on-off or hog down memory.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Chris-

We ALWAYS keep this in mind.  We spend a significant amount of time refining and reducing usage wherever possible, in order to avoid hitting any liitations that impact users.

Unfortunately- most simmers have no clue how any of this stuff works, so they will install 10,000 scenery packages, traffic, weather and 20 other apps that do everything from record video to communicate with the CIA predator drone circling their neighborhood in search of blood.  When they have a subsequent OOM they come crying to us- and we wind up suggesting that they back things down and get rid of the things they don't need.  when we get involved with researching these things with users, we normally find it to be the result of some freeware package that they installed or other utility that was designed by an individual who was an innovative but sloppy programmer.

One our development rigs, we stick with the pros (like Orbx and FSDT and Aerosoft) and we tend to shy away from things that are on-off or hog down memory.

Looks like I'll be fine with my total of addons....0! I have Opus weather available but don't use it much. It's all about the aircraft for me.

Guest BeaverDriver

...to communicate with the CIA predator drone circling their neighborhood in search of blood...

Alright, who snitched :angry: ???  ^_^

Seriously, thank you for the update. It's really appreciated. When she's ready, she'll be the best there is without a doubt. Thanks!

@Luke - nope you aren't the only one drooling over the cargo version. Definitely my preferred configuration, although I'll gladly take one of each :P .

Thanks again Robert.

Glenn