Sign in to follow this  
ttiedman

FSUIPC

Just trying to find out more about FSUIPC. These posts just led me to more confusion. No big deal, as I don't tend to think about FSUIPC that much anyway, because I have no clue as to how it works. But just thought I'd share what happened just now. I opened Avsim, saw warning about FSUIPC needing updating do to former versions being compromised. Learned from forum posts that these new updates are for both freeware and payware versions of FSUIPC. I have a freeware version from long ago, but thought what the heck, I better try to update it, just in case the FSUIPC program I have is actually doing anything to help my FSX program. Downloaded the update installer, clicked through it successfully until I got to the part that says "enter your registration key to continue". Having no key with the freeware version, I was unable to continue and had to stop right there. It appears there is no update for freeware versions after all. Oh well. Not a big surprise, but it does appear that these updates will only work for those of you using payware versions who still know their registration keys. Good luck to all!

You can d/l 4.90, the free version also.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

If you are using the unregistered version of FSUIPC, when it asks you for a registration key just press cancel, just like it tells you to in the Install instructions.

Cheers, Andy.