Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Looking for Optional Lear20 Patch

I didnt want my request buried in that other thread...

Anyone know where the optional FDE patch is for the Xtreme prototypes Learjets?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

News to me , when the SP2 version was released there wasnt any mention of an alternate .cfg made anywhere , by XP or / nor since in the forums until yesterday.

While i have read users on occasion mention they dont like the FDE , rated pilots of the early Lear jets find it accurate , its a plane that requires your full attention as fuel burn causes a constant change in its flight dynamics.

Should there be an alternate cfg i would like to see it as well.

Best CJ

It was a user edit I believe, and was subsequently endorsed by Xtreme Prototypes IIRC.

I can't even remember where it was hosted. But as I have it on my HD and I believe it was freely distributable;

Here we go ;-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110364712/XP%20Lear%2020%20FDE.zip

May be a good idea to install it to a *Temp* folder on your desktop, and manually move the files over, after backing up the originals, in case you don't like the tweaked FDE. 

Cheers.

This patch is horrible btw.  Completely KILLS the roll rate of the jet... someone had no idea what they were doing.  All they did was make it super stable and sluggish *sigh*... back to the other one 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This patch is horrible btw.  Completely KILLS the roll rate of the jet... someone had no idea what they were doing.  All they did was make it super stable and sluggish *sigh*... back to the other one 

You're welcome..... :lol:

I didn't say it was good ...... I just gave you it because you asked for it.

Hopefully you did as suggested and backed up your original aircraft cfg and .air file, then there's nothing lost but my time uploading it to my dropbox, and yours trying it out...........

Thanks for putting it out there at least....

I was looking on my PC and noticed I had never installed the Version 2 of this plane.  My original comments in the other thread were apparently based on version 1...  

Regardless the Ver2 FDE (not this patch) is actually decent and the plane is pretty well done in SP2.  The VC is a little plasticky (sorry Chuck), but for the price it's pretty good.  The only thing is I can see no NAV2.  But at least there's DME yay!  I'll probably put a 530W popup in for my /G flying.

On takeoff, even past 40 kts the rudder is very sluggish... I would be surprised if that is a real trait because the plane was said to be much like a fighter jet.  Anyway I'll be taking this on Pilot Edge more often.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |