FIVE-BY-FIVE

X-Plane 10 - Honolulu

Found this on youtube, enjoy!

Software: X-Plane 10.20 RC3 64 BIT
HDR: ON (2x SSAA + FXAA)
Objets: Extreme
Roads: Tons
Airplane: 727 by FlyJSim

Ok, now that is impressive. That might get me to try x-plane.

That's smooth for such high settings. Thanks for sharing.

Very smooth. Man, I regret getting my ati 7970. I would not have that performance with my card.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Man, I regret getting my ati 7970. I would not have that performance with my card.

Really? Why would your performance be any less? That's a pretty powerful card. My ATI 5870 stills gives pretty good performance so your 7970 should have no problem.

Damn night flights in Xplane look good. Not so sure about that mirror smooth sea and bonfire clouds though. Is there a REX for XP10 in the works?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Is there a REX for XP10 in the works?

only rumours but they did make a rex for xp9.  Clouds differ on different setups and hardware.

777_v10_1_zps094f9f64.png

777_v10_1_zpsac964698.png

777_v10_14_zps75223fbb.png

A388_4_zpse93baf22.png

100% Cloud Puffs

Man, I regret getting my ati 7970. I would not have that performance with my card.

Really? Why would your performance be any less? That's a pretty powerful card. My ATI 5870 stills gives pretty good performance so your 7970 should have no problem.

Well.. I suffer from some insane shimmering when in HDR. Adding some AA murders performance. If I go over 40% clouds I get about one frame per week. The drivers don't seem that stable, for me at least. It seems that all of the guys and gals using the other graphics card manufacturer get way better performance. Just take five by five here with 100% clouds. Man, that would give me about one frame every third generation. In other games the card seems ok, though.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Well.. I suffer from some insane shimmering when in HDR. Adding some AA murders performance. If I go over 40% clouds I get about one frame per week. The drivers don't seem that stable, for me at least. It seems that all of the guys and gals using the other graphics card manufacturer get way better performance. Just take five by five here with 100% clouds. Man, that would give me about one frame every third generation. In other games the card seems ok, though.

I have 5 PC's in my home with XP10 installed, 1 computer is a Dell XPS 8300 with an AMD 6870 1gb and it's my lowest performer but it stays over 30fps at FL altitude but drops to less than 20 over cities.  My Nvidia Systems eat xplane up with fast fps and smooth flights.  I was an AMD user for years but now it's time to play on the Green Team :lol:

Yeah.. I will have to take the plunge and get at least a 680. Hopefully this will sort out things.

Richard

Yeah.. I will have to take the plunge and get at least a 680. Hopefully this will sort out things.

Richard