Sign in to follow this  
RoughLandings

If you could bring an aircraft back into production...

Guest IanP

I remember reading it somewhere, but couldn't remember where so I couldn't state it as fact... It wasn't AvWeb was it? (I'll check that shortly.)Anyway, hopefully all three - especially as far as the Canadian and Alaskan Bush Pilots would be concerned... I get the feeling that they loathe the idea of having to cannibalise other aircraft to keep their current ones going. They'd jump at the option of new builds to park in odd places! :-hahIan P.:-halo

without a doubt the Ju-52... it's a sweet looking aircraft on the interior as well as exterior... it has a bad reputation as for what it was used for during WWII, but I look at it as a passenger aircraft... because of a political mess, it never really got a good chance to earn world-wide fame.

DC-10PS: NWA Airbus, what airbus do you use in NWA colors?

Guest AAF

Zeppelin dirigibles.

Guest wathomas777

Three. First, The L-1011. Technically superior to the DC-10. Yes, engine maintenance on the tail engine was a pain, but at least all the thrust was on one plane. Several DC-10 drivers I know said the DC-10's had a habit of pitching forward because of the tail engine.Second, The Lockheed Constellation. The Connie is the most distinctive and beautiful of all of the turbo prop designs. Her graceful lines, the beautifly tri-tail. Georgeous. Drop Dead Georgeous Finally, the 727. In my opinion the most beautiful and distinctive of all modern jets. Is there any real distinction with the 737, 777, 767, 757, A-300? Nope. All the charm on a wind tunnel.Yet the 727 has the most beautiful lines. From it's T-Tail to the distinctive Swept Wing. This bird was a real charmer. The tail engine gave it so much extra power than the DC-9's so that you weren't scared of going off the runway during takeoff. I grew up flying in 727's and still love them.

Just my .02 - the Focke-Wulf 200 Condor...or the JU52.Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest Citationpilot

The 152 would be great. There also needs to be a nice cabin class twin like the cessna 421 or P-Navajo.

Guest ba747heavy

I would have to agree with the DC3, what a neat plane to see in the skies :9

I'd go with the MD11. I always thought it looked leaner than its older brother the DC10 (although I guess that may have been the livery). The highlight of my planespotting day at Vancouver used to be the arrival of the KLM MD11 from Amsterdam. It was *by far* the prettiest aircraft to regularly fly into Vancouver. It was a sad day when they replaced it with a B767-300. The tragic Swissair 111 accident followed by Boeing's decision to buy it's only American competitor and then basically shut it down pretty much sealed it's fate. I've always believed that the MD11 didn't get a fair shake.For a second choice, I'd go with the B727. Unfortunately, updating it with turbofan engines would have spoiled its lines. Hopefully the cargo outfits that are still using them will be able to keep them in the skies for a long time. I don't care how noisy they are!Anybody else ever wonder why freight gets three engines but most of the 'self-loading' cargo only gets two?Cheers GW

Guest bisinchi

Hi,>>anybody else ever wonder why freight gets three engines but most of >>the 'self-loading' cargo only gets two?That's bizzare!!! Actually I thought they used more twin engined planed for that too with all the 757 freighters and the A300 refurbished into freighters.They also use a lot of 747 for freghters, but that's right there's also quite a fleet of MD11 as freighters!Regards,Francois

Guest glnflwrs

I think I would have to vote for the Lear 21. Looked kind of like a fighter and the lines of the cockpit windows and nose were a work of art. Second choice? F4U Corsair.Glenn

Guest crashing_pilot

dc-8-55/54/62/63/71/73 all the way ;-)

CitationPilot got it right - the C152 is the most sensible one to reinstate. They change hands at 3 - 4 times their original book price. There are very few competitive light ab initio trainers out there apart from existing 152`s or 'Trauma'hawks!Having just moved from Tomahawks to C152`s I think the 152 is a way better aircraft.CheersLnugs

Guest Citationpilot

Yeah. I loved that little airplane but looking at would happen to the prices if they where new it would probaly end up cheaper buying a Diamond aircraft.