Sign in to follow this  
Purr

q400 and opus...stuttering

Have the latest beta John, have more turb enabled, and FSX turb and thermals "OFF". No Stuttering. I did get stuttering at times with Auto head movement, so I switched it off. I am using DX10 with BufferPools=0, whether that has a bearing I am not sure.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ok, I have the FSX turb and thermals to on, to get wingflex in the ngx.. :P

I do not have any problems with AHM..

Gotta do some more testing when I have the time :)

Keep us posted. I thought fsx turb on was only to get VSI jumping ? That's what Stephen mentioned in the forum. I could have that wrong of course :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I too get the stutter with Opus. just on takeoff and bit on landing. Hate to turn of the DHM. I tried it with light aircraft but still stuttered. I will also keep experimenting. Any one else have luck with a different setting.

Thx

Darcy

I selected "Light Aircraft" in DHM settings, and all is good.

This is interesting.

I had the 'heavy' option ticked and was also getting what I would describe as "flickering / jumping / stutters", while using the Q400 with OPUS Cameras (DHM enabled), and TrackIR.    As I posted a few posts up, I did really minimize it by creating a custom camera for the Q400 and ensuring it was manually selected each time I got into the 'Q.

But I'll certainly give the suggestion to switch OPUS DHM over to "GA mode" a try. :smile:

I just recently bought the Dash and did a view flights over the weekend. Im also an Opus/DHM user. Unticking "Bump Aircraft" helped to go from unflyable to acceptable in my case. Still medicore performance on takeoff and landing. I had very similar expirience when using a combination of  AccuFeel/Opus with other airplanes. Because of this, I think the jerkiness is more related to simconnect. Both products do their calculations outside FSX/P3D and then use this "pipe" to inject their stuff. It could be that the "pipe" gets to crambed in this case? The FDE needs constant updating so does DHM. Just a guess here...

The immersion-factor with both products running together is that high for me, I rather live with the stutters than ticking one of them off!!! If anyone has some knowledge with optimizing "simmconnection", please let me know. May help a bit...

I have set the "DELAY" factor in the "Bump Aircraft" section to 8 or so and left Bump Aircraft ticked.

This did help a lot, but not always ...

But nevertheless - maybe giving it a try might be worth it, because if it does not help, going back to the initial settings only requires a few seconds then.