Sign in to follow this  
henrikthg

best weather engine for prepar3d

I would have to agree AS2012 is the best, even better in my opinion than asNext

is there a manual

Yes. :lol:  

Read thoroughly the one which installs with the products.

Hi folks,

I use REX & P3D, Win64 - not a burp - and contrary to what some have stated, very "few" P3D Users & REX are having problems.

Have a blessed one,

cthiggin

+1

FSGRW.

ts realistic, small and fast, easy to handle programm, in conjuntion with command line paramters (all well documented in the manual) it can be launched with one click without further invertention necessary. 

I am using it together with rex textures.

edit: dont forget to use the demo of fsgrw before you buy it.

Kind regards
John 

I use Opus FSI... it has amazing camera effects which i couldn't do with out now...

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

With you Doug...the dynamic cameras integrated with the weather are amazing.

I've tried them all in P3D. Definitely ASN is the best for me. I deliberately search for bad weather now just to enjoy the ASN challenge! Lovely smooth cloud and wind transitions as well. Very hypnotic sometimes :D

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Lovely smooth cloud and wind transitions as well.

In FSX yes. In P3D my clouds and fog just pop-up :(

In FSX yes. In P3D my clouds and fog just pop-up :(

That's very odd I don't get any popping just a gradual transition. ASN weather does put a really heavy load on my system though.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

HiFis Active Sky Next (ASN) is my absolute favorite. Simply Weather, nothing else. What I love the most is its historical weather option which, if activated, gives you always the weather according to your flight time. This is especially useful when loading a saved flight situation.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

does it work for prepar3d v2.2? I read about all the wonderful benefits of active sky 2012 here on this post. I bought it last night for $40.00 and now I can't install it into prepar3d. It was mentioned that it finds prepar3d with no problem but it doesn't work for me. Good thing that I didn't uninstall REX and I hope I did not waste my money. Thanks

I've used FSGRW, ASN, and Opus ... they are all very good and customizable.  I'm currently using ASN because of how well it does with winds, especially around mountain regions.

BUT, I'm waiting for REX Weather Architect which is due out this month ... I think the only way to get perfect weather replication in the SF/Bay Area will be if I manufacture it myself.  I'm going to predict REX Weather Architect will lead to some pretty spectacular video and screenshots.

Sorry I didn't really answer your question because I think FSGRW, ASN, and Opus are all very good products and I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of them.

Cheers, Rob.