Sign in to follow this  
torfih

photo scenery makes autogen disappear

Hi, I'm lucky because there is free photo scenery for my home country (from here) but when I install it all default autogen objects vanish, also my Aerosoft Keflavik Airport. What am I doing wrong?

Torfi

Make sure your Keflavik airport is higher in priority in the scenery library than the photo real.  And, yes, unfortunately the side effect of photo real is you lose the autogen.  Unless the photoreal has been annotated with it or you want to add it yourself.

Make sure your Keflavik airport is higher in priority in the scenery library than the photo real. And, yes, unfortunately the side effect of photo real is you lose the autogen. Unless the photoreal has been annotated with it or you want to add it yourself.

Oops.  Sorry.  Just realized this was in the X-Plane forum.  Not sure how things work there but disregard the previous post.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

X-Plane stores its scenery library prioritization in a file called scenery_packs.ini which is located in the Custom Scenery folder. By default all new scenery gets appended alphabetically to this file; folders beginning with numbers are the highest priority to folders starting with the letter z being the lowest. You can either re-arrange your folders by renaming them alpha-numerically or simply edit the scenery_packs.ini file. You can also disable a scenery pack by changing the words SCENERY_PACK to read SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED.

As for photo-scenery not displaying auto-gen, this is most likely the result of the scenery being created with older X-Plane 9 scenery tools. If you search x-plane.org there is a tool called ter2pol which will convert the baked in .ter othophotos into overlay .pol files ... please note that orthophoto .pol files require significantly more system resources so they are slow to load.

Alternately you could download some of the free othrophoto scenery from http://simheaven.de/ I believe they also have their own version of zonephoto scenery available, I know their stuff was made with newer scenery tools so it should retain X-Plane 10's autogen and road networks.