Sign in to follow this  
sleightflight

just flight eurofighter typhoon is out

Hi all , the jf Typhoon is now available for download. I have bought it so I really want my hard drive back now so I can start my re install. Of win 7 & fsx.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Purchased it this afternoon, tried it out this evening. Very disappointed.

I own quite a few JF products so I know what to expect... and I wasn't expecting a high end sim like the VRS Super Hornet. However, the HUD is absolutely awful. It looks plain ugly and the pitch ladder and flight path marker do not reference the outside world correcty. i.e. if you put the flight path marker on the horizon bar you will not be flying level. The PMDG 737NGX, VRS Super Hornet and Iris A-10/F-15E/C-27J/PC-21 all feature very good HUDs so it's most definitely possible to programme a good HUD for FSX and not the very horrible one that JF have implemented.

The 3D model isn't too bad, the VC is so-so, and the flight model depicts a hugely powerful and agile aircraft, just as the real Typhoon is although the auto-trim seems a bit hit and miss. 

I was hoping for a middle of the road package that would at least let me fly a half decent FSX Typhoon that captured the character of the real aircraft, i.e. extremely powerful and agile. The HUD really ruins the experience for me and I've emailed JF to ask if they plan to improve the HUD and if not I've asked for a refund. In the meantime only those lucky enough to have purchased the Rollus Rafale before it was withdrawn from sale will have a decent FSX native Eurocanard.

Oh, that's a pain. I got quite excited when I saw it was coming out.

Comments elsewhere aren't favourable either. What a shame. But you're right - getting the HUD right is absolutely vital. 

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Mmm , that's bad news . I got excited when I heard that tss sound studios have done the sound set , & the mfd panels were operational , I never gave a thought that the hud would be poor , I hope jf sort that out. I have pestered the creator of the rollus rafale about getting it back up for sale , last I heard he was trying to get a license from dassault , that was over a year ago , thors hammer not having a vc stopped me installing that on my new build. So its a shame .

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Guest unknownraver

Just downloaded it and I have to agree with the post above, very disappointed. The HUD really is that bad and the VC is very average to put it nicely.

Another thing I noticed. I flew the Saudi jet and the Arabic "Royal Saudi Air Force" writing is all wrong.  

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your feedback. The HUD should have been pretty good. I will investigate why it has not met your expectations and see what can be improved. The VC textures are always a subjective subject but will also look at them as well. The Saudi text should have been correct and also picked up before release. I will get this corrected.

Regards

Alex Ford

Just Flight.

I don't even have FSX on my hard drive anymore so obviously won't be getting the Typhoon, but I would just like to say this sort of thread is the type that makes me appreciate the internet. Customers calmly stating their dissatisfactions and a prompt response from the seller promising to correct them.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

The Saudi text should have been correct and also picked up before release. I will get this corrected.

Regards

Alex Ford

Just Flight.

Hi Alex, didnt see it  yet, but in arabic it should be القوات الجوية الملكية السعودية and I am buying today  B)  .

How is the flight model, rate of climbs, max speeds etc.

I just tried the freeware F111 and was surprised to see it does Mach 2.2 at sea level!  It´s always a test I do with a new military aircraft, full thrust at sea level, check max speed is correct and then with full military power.  There are few military aircraft that get anywhere near realistic figures.

-Iain Watson-

Guest unknownraver

Thank you Aex for your above feedback.  Great to see you guys are taking note of the comments. 

There's a post over at SOH from Martyn at Just Flight and he says JF will make an update to the HUD taking into account customer feedback. That's pretty good news although I think it's a shame the product was released with such a poor HUD.

What we need now is some good repaints - the RAF repaints included in the package don't look right, the radome is far to light for a start - and some new weapon loadouts that more accurately reflect what Typhoons are flying with in the real world.

Hopefully JF will stick with this product and give it the polish it deserves.

It does the heart good to read threads like this. :Hug:

Different puppets...Same strings!