Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

How cool...remove the date and time from a saved flight

I found out that there's a section in the .FLT for a saved flight called DateTimeSeason.  If you remove the section then it just uses the current configuration of your machine (current date, current time, current season).  I may be the last one to know but I thought it was cool.

I wonder what other little tweaks there are that make it cooler.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Heh...here's something else.  Did you know that the clouds in FSX actually float by?  I'm sitting on the ground and realized that the cirrus clouds that I have been looking at have been moving...west to east.  Dumb fact number 2 for today.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Looking forward to dumb fact number 3!!! ^_^

LOL...I had my own thread going here!

Gregg Seipp

Keep'em coming Gregg, I like #1 and #2 is supercool, my son was looking over my shoulder the other day as I was testfiring Dubai Rebooted, noticed the floating clouds and liked it alot :)

23.png

:lol:

Do you knew that in FSX you can slew? *cough*

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Yeah, I knew I was asking for it posting this stuff.

Gregg Seipp

I found out that there's a section in the .FLT for a saved flight called DateTimeSeason. If you remove the section then it just uses the current configuration of your machine (current date, current time, current season).

That needs to be promoted to an official FSX tip.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I found out that there's a section in the .FLT for a saved flight called DateTimeSeason. If you remove the section then it just uses the current configuration of your machine (current date, current time, current season).

That needs to be promoted to an official FSX tip.

Hook

I agree, never knew that. Very cool tip!!

Jon

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hey, that's a great tip.

I have some saved situations that I use for practicing landing and take off's in various aircraft, and up to this day I had to reset the date every time I loaded one of them.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Hey, that's a great tip.

I have some saved situations that I use for practicing landing and take off's in various aircraft, and up to this day I had to reset the date every time I loaded one of them.

I'm sure there's an option in FS to "use system time" instead of Flight time, which makes it ignore the time stuff in the flight files in any case.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I'm sure there's an option in FS to "use system time" instead of Flight time, which makes it ignore the time stuff in the flight files in any case.

Pete

There is.  FSX uses it *unless* the date time season is saved in the .FLT.  FSX doesn't offer an option to not save the date time season.

Gregg Seipp

There is.  FSX uses it *unless* the date time season is saved in the .FLT.  FSX doesn't offer an option to not save the date time season.

If that were the case then the "Use system time" option would surely be completely useless because all saved flights would have that section and therefore override the option! This just does not appear the case here. I'm always flying with the current system date and time, and have established "cold start" flights at my assigned gates at many airports.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

If that were the case then the "Use system time" option would surely be completely useless because all saved flights would have that section and therefore override the option! This just does not appear the case here. I'm always flying with the current system date and time, and have established "cold start" flights at my assigned gates at many airports.

You're right!...about that checkbox...it should use system time. I've always got it checked...always had it checked...but it has *never* worked for me unless I load one of the blasted default ones. **Shrugs.** I always just chalked it up to another bug. Maybe I wasn't holding my mouth right when I turned it on.

Gregg Seipp

LOL...I had my own thread going here!

Here's one for you....If you fly a-lot at night you may notice them. Shooting stars. I've been using FSX ever since it came out, but not until the other night while flying over northern Scandinavia did I notice two massive shooting stars! 

Its a really cool feature  ^_^