Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Changing default airport in FS2004

Hello everyoneSorry if this is a dumb question, but is there any way to change the default airport from Seattle-Tacoma to, for example, Heathrow? I never need to fly from Seattle!Thanks for your helpg

Certainly! Start the flight simulator to the Create a flight menu, make the changes you want, plane, airport (parking location), time, and weather. Press the Save Flight... button, enter the information to identify the saved flight (Note: remember this information because you will need it later), check the box, "make this the default flight", OK. Exit the flight simulator, restart the flight simulator, and check to see if it now is your default flight. If so, proceed. If not, select the Select a Flight menu, select your flight, check the box, "make this the default flight", OK. Press Fly Now! button. Let the flight simulator stabilize.Now that you have your default flight, you might want to make it more realistic, such as, engines off, COM/NAV frequencies for your airport set, fuel loads, and anything else you want to set. Once you are satisfied with the settings, select Flights, Save Flight..., select your default flight in the upper box, check the box, "make this the default flight", OK. It will ask if you want to overwrite the already saved flight, select Yes, OK.W. Sieffert

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

It's a very simple task:after default flight loaded you can select a new airport and move there; after that save flight and be sure to check " make this default flight" checkbox. You can also change you aircaft, time of the day and season before saving.Next time FS9 will start you'll find yourself into same position you were when saving flight.Hope this helpLuigi ;-)

Guest bobsk8

I have 3 questions.1. Should the Default flight automatically start when you start FS9 or do you still have to hit the Fly Now Button?2. If you have to hit the fly now button, what should be highlighted in the Select a Flight Menu Box? 3. Is the default flight supposed to come up with current date and time that your system is running at? I have system time selected in the menu, but it always starts at the date and time that I saved the default flight.

FYI - it is recommended by many addon developers that you do NOT change the default flight. I was told this a while ago, and I thought it sounded silly. However, after changing the default flight, I had many more problems with addon aircraft.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Some add-on aircraft (the PSS Airbus A320 for one) don't load properly unless the default flight uses a default aircraft with its engines running and avionics on.I don't think it's fussy about which airport it's at though!So give it a try and if you have problems with add-on aircraft loading, you may need to change back to a default aircraft.

ngxu_banner.png

You can bypass the Flight Simulator Menu screen directly to your default flight by changing the following parameter in your FS9.cfg file:[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LOADSIM=1LOADWINDOW=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1 //0=direct to default flight, 1=menuSTARTUP_DEMO=The limitation is that you need to be sure you have everything set up in your default flight the way you want. If you want to end a flight and do another flight after you are in the flight simulator, Press Flights, End Flight, and the Flight Simulator Menu screen will appear.W. Sieffert