Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob Z

To those not wanting to patch...reconsider

Guest nigel28

I have noticed a big performance boost with the new patch...in areas where I was getting 20-25 fps, I am getting 35+ and in low scenery areas(not one of the major cities detailed by MSFS) I am getting 45-50 and sometimes even 70-80 fps..it is a huge huge improvement..the overall fluidity of the sim is much better for me....

Hi, there is considerable 5 fps boost on many situation, at airports, final landing, various area, no more autogen degradation, more smooth etc.All fs 2004 at full except mesh at 85% , no shadows.by uninstalling and installing the patch and saving the situation check your fps, I can reproduce this fps boost anytime.Unless you have replacement generic texture that's are huge in size compare to default kbmb, and others fps destructive addons your fps may still low. Not a good way to test performance with destructive fps addons ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest bobsk8

Prior to running the patch, did you have the AutoGen file renamed and then you got a frame increase? If no then you are probably just getting the framerate increase that people got when they renamed the Autogen file to fix the memory leak? Just curious

Hi, "just getting the framerate increase that people got when they renamed the Autogen file to fix the memory leak? Just curious"The patch increase considerable fps with default.xml, the patch is specialy build to fix this anomalie..ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

there are only two items that allow this to happen:1) MSFS regenerated a new .cfg file during the update (thus you see changes in the sim) - you can do this manuallyOR2) you were utilizing the DEFAULT.XML file which slowed things down in the prior version (build) - most folks ran with this file disabled.you sound happy though, and that is good

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Ditto here...huge improvments in FPS. I'm seeing 15-30 FPS in Chicago with all sliders maxxed, shadows on. I'm also running Ultimate Traffic with that slider maxxed to 100%. Beats the 5-10 FPS i was getting before!!!In sparse areas, i see 90-110 FPS easily, 50-60 with some white puffies around.All in all, I think the patch offers a huge performance increase that can't be ignored!!!DevinCYOW3.0 Ghz P41 Meg RamNVidia GE Force 5700 256Mb

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Guest Bob Z

In the next week or so we should get a pretty good idea as to whether MS fixed the CTD's (stability?). That in itself would be greatly appreciated.