Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

3 computers 2 differences

Guest B52Drivr

Hello all,Well, I finally broke down and installed the patch. Here is what I have and what I got. All three computers have the latest FSUIPC modules and suggestions.Computer #1 main computer, cd crack and all the suggested mods, and tons of addon's. Didn't change a thing before patch, Baselined FPS.Installed patch. Big difference in fps, (down) before defragg, then the same. Did notice new bridges and trees. Did notice some textures were better. (three monitors)Computer #2. Second computer networked to #1, I use this for FSNav and and God's eye view. On this one I changed all which was advised and installed patch. (read that changed original FS.exe back and all mods which were made to scenery. Perhaps a slight increads in pfs, same changes as above both before and after defragg.Computer #3. This computer is stand alone which I use only for trying new scenery and aircraft. Everything worked as promised, did notice a big difference in smoothness and FPS. This was a bone stock install of FS9 with just the additions of scenery and aircraft and FSUIPCEquipment:#1 Main computer. P4 3.4 OC'd to 3.75 ASUS P4C800 E Deluxe, 1 gig of ram, 3 monitors, GeForce Ti4600 128 (ATI 9800 out for service or went AWOL), #2 computer networked to #1. P4 1.8 OC'd to 2.4 500mb ram, ATI 64meg card 2 monitors, (two ATI Cards) Asus P4B266#3 Stand alone with virgin install of FS9. P4 1.8 500mb ram ATI64 meg card 1 monitor. ASUS P4B266Conclusions:Noticed difference in some scenery on all. Saw new bridges and trees and such on all. Largest change on virgin computer, nicer frame rates and graphics details.#2 computer - noticed all the above and had to use CD to start as with #3. Increase in FPS but nothing earth shattering. Guess it was worth the effort to loose CTD's.#1 computer. Now this was the one I made NO changes on at all before installing the patch. Had CD crack, all kinds of cfg changes and I changed nothing but did the install. Patch installed perfect, no problems. Saw bridges and trees, seemed a bit smoother, no real increase in fps and in fact, until defrag, lost some. Everything except wide view worked on this unit. Unit would not communicate with #2 for more than 45 seconds. Put Unit 2 back, (uninstalled the patch) and wideview then worked. To be honest, I think this patch is a good thing from MS, and will help everyone a bit, but the most will be individuals who have NOT modified FS for better performance. They will see the most change.Now, this is how it worked on MY systems . . . your mileage can and will probably varry, but I found NO major pitfalls in using this patch. Also did not experience any CTD's on any of my computers, and usually on #1 being oc'd, I sometime get them and had to crank it back from 20 to 10%. Tonight, I will take it back to 20 and see what happens.Best to all, this was not any suggestions, just my fiddeling around....try at your own risk...and I backed up EVERYTHING on a spare hard drive before I did ANYTHING!!!! readers beware.Clay

totally as expected... as this was clearly what MS stated.this is an excellent post and should be pinned as it is concise and direct.As I believe, if you have done only a few of the more stable and suggested modifications to your install prior to this patch, the gains will be minimal at best.excellent

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest B52Drivr

Thanks Mike,Although I think everyone else is either patting themselves on the back, because the patch works great, or trying to figure out how to get back their system to a 'before patch situation'. Personally, I thank God for system restore and made a point to do a restore point before even starting.Oh, and on my main machine, I had a freeze during a 3 hr flight tonight, but I had that occasionally before, so before I hit the restore button, I'll stick with it.I'll keep everyone posted, but again, for the majority of the simmers out there, this patch is probably a good thing . . . and it shows that MS does really read these forums and does care.BestClay

Guest bobsk8

>Thanks Mike,>>Although I think everyone else is either patting themselves on>the back, because the patch works great, or trying to>figure out how to get back their system to a 'before patch>situation'. Personally, I thank God for system restore and>made a point to do a restore point before even starting.>>Oh, and on my main machine, I had a freeze during a 3 hr>flight tonight, but I had that occasionally before, so before>I hit the restore button, I'll stick with it.>>I'll keep everyone posted, but again, for the majority of the>simmers out there, this patch is probably a good thing . . .>and it shows that MS does really read these forums and does>care.>>Best>>ClayWhat I cannot seem to get a handle on, in all the posts I have read, is what is the actual frame rate improvement post patch for the people that already had the Autogen file renamed to fix the memory leak? I suspect very little if anything. Can anyone comment on this.