Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Low FPS

"In fact, the MJC8 Q400 is much lighter on frames than comparable add-ons, it is usually just few fps less than default aircraft."

That is wrong in my case, I get 60fps in C172, 50fps in PA320, and 28-30fps in Q400.
Control panel settings are: Graphics Quality on Medium, Refresh Rate on Slowest (maybe 2-3 fps difference between fast and slowest), Timing Source on Queue Timer, FDE to FSX Sync on Disable (fsx runs on unlimited frames).

I find the perfomance of this fantastic airplane very similiar to PMDG MD-11, and slightly better than NGX on my system. Did I missed something?

Maybe Affinity Mask=14 in fsx.cfg is the problem?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Don't worry, not everyone have groundbreaking FPS. I too don't experience fantastic frames, in fact my Q400 is about the same as the NGX!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Something is fishy here, becuase FDE is working outside the FSX, so Affinity Mask and core util. is important.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

"In fact, the MJC8 Q400 is much lighter on frames than comparable add-ons, it is usually just few fps less than default aircraft."

That is wrong in my case, I get 60fps in C172, 50fps in PA320, and 28-30fps in Q400.

Control panel settings are: Graphics Quality on Medium, Refresh Rate on Slowest (maybe 2-3 fps difference between fast and slowest), Timing Source on Queue Timer, FDE to FSX Sync on Disable (fsx runs on unlimited frames).

I find the perfomance of this fantastic airplane very similiar to PMDG MD-11, and slightly better than NGX on my system. Did I missed something?

Maybe Affinity Mask=14 in fsx.cfg is the problem?

Try AM=7

André

Thanks for a suggestion. Tried it moments ago, it made no difference.

Thanks for a suggestion. Tried it moments ago, it made no difference.

You could try this in the majestic ini file ;-)

SYSTEM]

; timing source  0=Queue Timer, 1=Multimedia Timer

TimingSource=0

; disabling the FDE to FSX syncronization might be necessary if unlimited fps setting is used

disableFDEtoFSXSync=0

; by default Dash-8 will not load it's tasks onto the CPU core where the FSX process runs

disableFSXCPUBypass=1

; Here one can specify which CPU cores the certain function threads will prefer to run

; 1 bit per core. For example, 2=CPUid2, 4=CPUid3, 6=CPUid2+3  Only takes effect if disableFSXCPUBypass is not 0

systemThreadsCPUMask=4

graphicsThreadCPUMask=4

Also set the EFIS refresh rate to medium...

In combination with AM7

André

I edited main ini file, and I think it's a bit better. On ground 3-4fps more, in air less stutters.

Also, there are also two more identical ini files, mjc84 - Full Controls.ini and mjc84 - Joystick.ini. Should I edit them also?

I edited main ini file, and I think it's a bit better. On ground 3-4fps more, in air less stutters.

Also, there are also two more identical ini files, mjc84 - Full Controls.ini and mjc84 - Joystick.ini. Should I edit them also?

Not needed only mjc84.ini

What I would do is going for the 1/2 refresh rate in NVIDIA driver and locked FPS at 30 in the sim.

Will probably solve the stutters too in combination of the rejected threshold tweak and tbm and tml ;-)

André

Thanks for the tips. :)
I tried earlier numerous combinations of bufferpool tweaks with rejectthreshold, and didn't found a single one that I would give a green light. Also TBM=40, or 70/80, or even 400 gives the same results. TML is 1024, I don't like to overstress my GPU. :)

Thanks for the tips. :)

I tried earlier numerous combinations of bufferpool tweaks with rejectthreshold, and didn't found a single one that I would give a green light. Also TBM=40, or 70/80, or even 400 gives the same results. TML is 1024, I don't like to overstress my GPU. :)

Correct same here, without knowing the system and o/s and local situation it's difficult to predict how a system would

respond even the same system under the same over clocking conditions could have different resistance on the GPU bus...

As for the rejected threshold you should use it without bufferpools ;-) which then have the same effect only not the side effects with bufferpools=0 gives ;-)

Interesting read here also...

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-tweaks-demystified_topic37948.html

André

Im having problems too...or was.

I've been trying to track down whats going on...basically, my sim was smooth before installing the q400, but i noticed on my 1st flight that the sim stuttering like a stuttering thing.Also my FPS were going  : 30 : 8 :22 :7 : 29...all over the place. I never had this before installing the plane.

Reducing my settings to bare bones doesnt help either.

Even after uninstalling the plane, my sim is still a train wreck...im not happy to say the least.

The controls are so sloppy too...if i pull ther yoke back, it doesnt respond quick enough.

Theres a delay, a clear one too.

I noticed in the update that there was a 'fix' in the uninstaller.....yeh.........and now im wondering if theres a file or something that got left behind with 1.05 uninstaller givin me this problem..

Killed my sim pleasure with 1 hit...i havnt simmed for a week due to the stutters...

5 years this sim has been installed on my system, with no probs at all...im not daft, i dont download 'crap', i know how to look after my pc and keep it healthy...so it is not PEBCAK.

Malwarebytes scan came back clean, as did AVG. Nothing running that shouldnt be...i am truely stumped on this one.

You could try this in the majestic ini file ;-)

SYSTEM]

; timing source  0=Queue Timer, 1=Multimedia Timer

TimingSource=0

; disabling the FDE to FSX syncronization might be necessary if unlimited fps setting is used

disableFDEtoFSXSync=0

; by default Dash-8 will not load it's tasks onto the CPU core where the FSX process runs

disableFSXCPUBypass=1

; Here one can specify which CPU cores the certain function threads will prefer to run

; 1 bit per core. For example, 2=CPUid2, 4=CPUid3, 6=CPUid2+3  Only takes effect if disableFSXCPUBypass is not 0

systemThreadsCPUMask=4

graphicsThreadCPUMask=4

Also set the EFIS refresh rate to medium...

In combination with AM7

you're the man, finally I was able to reach the.. FSX nirvana

Just stopping off to add my thanks. I tried the ini file adjustments and saw my FPS jump from 10-12 to around 20 when using ASN and Rex Direct textures.