Sign in to follow this  
flyerboy

Adjusting payload causes FS9 to crash

Guest eham02

Hi all, hope someone can help...Just got Eric's latest 737-200, which is magnificent. BUT..... having a major problem trying to adjust the payload. I can increase the fuel with no problems, but if i try to adjust the payload, FS9 crashes with no warning, and I return to the desktopAny Eric Cantu/Kittyhawk aircraft gives me this problem.any ideas ?thankseham

Apprantly it has something to do with the FDE or something like that. It happens with some other addons too.

I tried to adjust payload and it crashed on me too, so I looked at the aircraft.cfg and found that the weight and balance section was rather large and overly complex and that things weren't in the format that FS2004's default payload editor likes. Try pasting the information below over the weight and balance section and see if you can change the payload in the sim. I used Delta's 737-200 configuration as a basis for the seating configuration.(Change the { } to square brackets before pasting this info into the aircraft.cfg){WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE}reference_datum_position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0empty_weight_CG_position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0empty_weight = 60600max_gross_weight = 128500CG_forward_limit = 0.0CG_aft_limit = 1.0max_number_of_stations=10station_load.0 = " 450, 35.00, 0.0, 2.00, Pilots (2)"station_load.1 = " 175, 30.00, 0.0, 2.00, F/A (1)"station_load.2 = " 2220, 24.00, 0.0, 2.00, First (12)"station_load.3 = " 17575, -2.00, 0.0, 2.00, Coach (95)"station_load.4 = " 350, -25.00, 0.0, 2.00, F/A's (2)"station_load.5 = " 6000, 22.00, 0.0, -2.00, Fwd Cargo"station_load.6 = " 4500, -20.00, 0.0, -2.00, Aft Cargo"empty_weight_roll_MOI=1062809empty_weight_pitch_MOI=1411739empty_weight_yaw_MOI=1779732.000empty_weight_coupled_MOI=1000

Guest eham02

Nick, KSTL ? You must be one of those undecided Missouri voters i keep hearing about !! Thanks for your tip, I will give it a try when I get home this morning. (Currently working Saturday Nightshift at Schiphol Amsterdam...boring) The ironic thing is that I work in Airline Ops, and have spent the last 15 years of my life doing weight and balance stuff on 737s for real... Very annoying when you can only do it in the real world !! Thanks again, and I will let you know the result if u want. Andy

>Nick, >>KSTL ? >>You must be one of those undecided Missouri voters i keep>hearing about !! >I really should change that, since it's been about a year and a half since I moved out of Missouri... oh well, just another of the things on my "to do" list that never seems to get smaller. :-)That's the weight and balance section copied from the aircraft.cfg I use with the Kittyhawk 737-200. The load planner works fine for me in FS2004 so it should work for you too. I have found quite a few "FS2004" planes that still have the weight and balance section in FS2002 format, which doesn't always work with the default editor. Makes it a bit of a pain to adjust weights for each flight.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Or you can go here and download and airfile written for the KH B732, not to mention a pretty awesome panel for the plane as well... :)http://tinmouse.org/about.html

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest eham02

Nick, Thanks for the Weight and Balance changes for the .cfg file. It has worked fine, and I can adjust the payloads with no problem. I don't suppose you have something along similar lines for the -800 and -700 ?Super Bee - Thanks also for the link. That panel does look pretty awesome, and I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanx again, guys.Andy

>I don't suppose you have something along similar lines for the>-800 and -700 ?Unfortunatly I don't have any of the NGs installed. I'm more of an old and loud kinda guy.