Sign in to follow this  
jonpatch

Help: FS9 install/uninstall problem

Folks, in my enthusiasm to benchmark the patch, I installed and uninstalled twice.Now it is uninstalled (as confirmed by lack of bridges, and V9.0 in the About box), and when I try to apply the patch it reports, "The Flight Simulator 9.1 update appears to be installed already. Installation has been cancelled."(Using original Fs9.exe)Help!Jon

P.S. Here's what I've tried so far:- rebooting- searching my FS9 program folder and my FS9 documents and settings folder for any files newer than prior to the patch. A couple were, and I deleted them, and FS9 recreated them when I ran it again- running FS9/BACKUP/unpatch.bat to make sure I restored old files- searching the registry for a version 9.1 related to FS9(none found)- restored my saved pre-patch FS9.CFG- check my version number on FS9.EXE and in the About box (both 9.0)- searched AVSIM and FLIGHTSIM for similar problems, found none- posted on those forumsSo where does the patch find the info that makes it think I've got 9.1?Jon

Guest nutmeat

"So where does the patch find the info that makes it think I've got 9.1?"Delete the backup folder in the FS9 main folder. This will allow the patch to start again.Larry S.

Look in your ..Flight Simulator 9 folder and look for a subfolder labelled BACKUP and two files labelled FS9UpdateUninstall.exe and FS9UpdateReadme.rtf. If so, move this folder and files to another area of your diskdrive or delete them. Once deleted, try reinstalling the update.W. Sieffert

Renaming the backup folder worked fine, and all is well.Thanks, folks.Jon