Sign in to follow this  
Knoxpilot

TBM 850 Review

For a few extra fps, turn off the co-pilot's PFD.

Upper left screw on the bezel.

Not to aim my frustration at you personally Bert, but it always amazes / flabergasts me, when people give that as a 'solution' to the jumpy frames in the SR22 ............ like turning off a whole multi-function display is the answer.

What next? "stay on the ground - you get much better frame rates".

Isn't it a bit like someone saying they have bad performance in the NGX, and telling them to "turn off the FMC" as a solution.

It should ever be necessary IMHO to have to turn off one of the screens on a 2 screen avionics system, to get decent performance.

Not to aim my frustration at you personally Bert, but it always amazes / flabergasts me, when people give that as a 'solution'....... like turning off a whole multi-function display is the answer.

It should ever be necessary IMHO to have to turn off one of the screens on a 2 screen avionics system, to get decent performance.

Well sorry to have upset you, but the TBM850 has a three screen system, with the co-pilot's PFD being the exact duplicate

of the pilot's PFD.. so that issue hardly applies.

Apart from which, performance is pretty good, even with all three screens operational.

Bert

Well sorry to have upset you, but the TBM850 has a three screen system, with the co-pilot's PFD being the exact duplicate

of the pilot's PFD.. so that issue hardly applies.

Apart from which, performance is pretty good, even with all three screens operational.

+1

I've been turning the copilot's PFD off even though I get pretty decent frames anyway. It just makes things just that little bit smoother in busier airports.

Not a major issue at all with the frames, they're high enough in my case but jumping from time to time from 30 to 20.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Alexander Colka

Well sorry to have upset you,

Hey come on, I made it plainly obvious I wasn't aiming the frustration at you.

...... it's just that Carenado offer the same "solution" by email to those who report a terrible performance hit from the SR22's G1000.

PS....... Also, your post about that solution, immediately followed a post about SR22 performance, so it appeared you were offering that solution, for the SR22 performance issue.

If the TBM has a 3 screen config, then that's a whole different ball game. (although it still shouldn't be necessary to have to turn screens off to get acceptable performance).

I can see I am upsetting the Carenado apple cart in this thread........... so I'll get my coat :wink:

Not to worry.. and you'll be happy to hear that the performance

is quite acceptable for the TBM, even with all three screens active.

Unlike the Cirrus which is no longer on my system :rolleyes:

Bert

I would thinkk you could turn off the co-pilot's screen in real life? Or is the plane designated to have a co-pilot?

There are actualy little buttons in the VC on the upper left of each display allowing for them to be turned off individually during flight.

I just bought the TBM at Carenado.

I am upsetting the Carenado apple cart

I like apples... mostly in pies, but strait up is pretty good too.  I like the idea of  "Carenado Apples"... sounds like an exotic brand grown somewhere deep in the

Guatemala jungles.

I know this is an old review, but I was wondering if the issues mentioned by Seth Evans in his page 1 post have been addressed by Carenado (since 2013)? Or does is package still the same one as released in 2013?

Edited by rfresh737