Sign in to follow this  
Guest SteveJ

Patch Update. Freezes at ABLSCPT.DLL

Hi there..When I run the patch.After it copied a bunch of files or something...it seems to freeze at this stage: Processing modulesABLSCPT.DLL 0%Any Ideas how I should proceed?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest SteveJ

I have exactly the same problem. I have recopied the ABLSCPT.DLL from the original Disk 2 MSGAMES.CAB folder to my fs9/Modules folder, but no success.When I try to delete the update and start over, it tells me that the backup.unpatch.bat is not a valid WIN32 application.FS9 still runs, but I have no idea if all or part of the patch has properly been installed.Thanks for any advice.Steve J.P.S. I have already updated the fs9.exe and fsuipc.dll per the readme.

I had the same problem, this what I did, and it worked.Make sure you follow the instructions in the readme file.1. Remove the unpatch.bat file from the original installation attempt.2. Rerun the patch.3. When it pauses just let it go.4. after two hours the patch was installed with the proper FS9.exe version. (The length of time could vary with different computers)I don't know if this is the proper procedure but it worked for me.Monty RockwoodDell 82002.53 Ghz 533FSB CPU1024 Mb RD800 RamGf4 Ti 4600 128mb Video (Driver 6177) Viewsonic 21" VP211b Flat Panel Monitor (1600 x 1200 Native Resolution)Audigy Sound (Latest Drivers)Seagate X15 15000 RPM 37 Gb SCSI Hard Drive E: (Dedicated to FS9)Thrustmaster Hotas CougarWindows XP Pro SP2

>Hi there..>>When I run the patch.>>After it copied a bunch of files or something...it seems to>freeze at this stage:>> Processing modulesABLSCPT.DLL>> 0%>>Any Ideas how I should proceed?One of my machines had a similar problem... I finally noticed that the installer was attempting to install the patch to a different path than my FS9 uses...It seems that sometime ago, for whatever reason, I moved the entire Flight Simulator 9 folder to another area on the drive, and simply edited the shortcut on the desktop.Unfortunately, the patch installer looks in the Registry for the path information, and won't allow you to "browse" to the correct path.All I had to do was drag the FS9 folder back where the Registry thought it was, and then run the patch again. :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest nutmeat

I had similar experiences, even after copying all of the modules/ .dll's from the orig CD's. It turns out, on my machine ( a 64 bit AMD 3400...no slouch) it seems to take at least 10 minutes or more to process each .DLL! There is no obvious disk activity and the patch seems to be hung...ITS NOT! Just let it go and after a couple of hours, it will finish correctly. I cannot believe this is the normal intended behavior, but I finally got it installed, after cutting it off several times 'cause I though it was hung up. The progress bar stays at zero and never moves! Maybe we need a patch to the patch. I have a lot of USB addresses (GoFlight setup) on my computer and, maybe, the program is doing some polling and waiting for responses. I really don't know!Larry S.

Guest babewatcher

Hi allWhat you are seeing is normal. The patch seems to stall on the DLL's but it isnt and believe it or not it will take at least 1 1/2 hrs for the patch to process each dll in your module folder. Dont sweat it thou the bar doesnt show any progress after about 10 mins per each dll you will see the name of the dll's change as it progresses.Don

Guest Slacktide

>Hi all>>What you are seeing is normal. The patch seems to stall on the>DLL's but it isnt and believe it or not it will take at least>1 1/2 hrs for the patch to process each dll in your module>folder. Dont sweat it thou the bar doesnt show any progress>after about 10 mins per each dll you will see the name of the>dll's change as it progresses.Mine also stalled out on ABLSCPT.DLL, but only 30 seconds or so. One and half hours? Something must be wrong. My whole patch process ran for maybe 2 or 3 minutes.Dan

I had the same problem at exactly the same stage. After reading what Pete Dawson wrote about the same, I uninstall, removed manually the Backup file, and started all over again, left the room for one hour, and when I came back, I saw the message that the update was successfull. Some computer may take much longer than others, just leave it alone, the process does go on even if it looks like it stalled. DO NOT STOP IT.Happy flying!

Guest SteveJ

Thanks everyone. I tried it again, and it did take several minutes to process each one of the .dll files. I left it running overnight and this morning when I got up I had the report that the patch had been installed successfully. I'm not sure why it took that long (at least a couple of hours--I really don't know how long). My computer is getting a bit long in the tooth (AMD 1800), but I would not have thought it necessary to take that long to patch.In any case, all seems to be working ok.Thanks, Steve J.

Guest Philip Olson

Larry, That is odd, I have a much slower system and my patch went in muvh faster than yours. My AMD XP2400 laptop ( I am still in Europe and can not wait to patch my real rig) took about 3 minutes to get through the mentioned DLL file and perhaps 5 minutes for the whole patch, if that long. I by no means have a clean install either, I have a ton of add-ons so it is odd to me that your faster rig took so long. My progress bar never moved either so I think that is normal behaviour. Hey, at least we have a patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Take care,Philip OlsonI'm the luckiest man in the world, my girl friend has a yoke and rudder pedals! Eat your hearts out!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Fortress

>Mine also stalled out on ABLSCPT.DLL, but only 30 seconds or>so. One and half hours? Something must be wrong. My whole>patch process ran for maybe 2 or 3 minutes.>>DanDitto!Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgwww.BAVirtual.co.uk[p]Officially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[/p]

Thanks Monty.That did it... Yup..I left it overnight and it seems to have installed properly.But now..I have to have that CD4 on my drive... Yuck!.:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest babewatcher

Hi allSee this link: http://msmvps.com/thenakedmvp/ I doesnt seem to matter how powerful your computer is either. But a lot of folks are having this experience. I know personally my FS9 file is around 60 plus gigs so purhaps that is why it took so long. Interesting thou I just noticed that the main file folder for FS9 has its attributes set to read only. Now I didnt do this unless this setup did or xp security patch #2. Maybe this is the cause?Don