Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

Terrain Display Mode Selection

The manual shows two modes for the EGPWS terrain display, standard and standard+peaks.  Has anyone found out how you switch between the two.  Mine shows standard+peaks and I'd like to switch to standard mode.  The only controls I've found switch between WxR and Terrain display and disable terrain.

Also the control panel can be used in metric and imperial/US units, but the sim only seems to show imperial/US.  Seems daft to allow weight and balance to be prepared in kilograms and then only use pounds in the sim.  Have I missed something?

Can't ask in the Majestic forum yet as I'm still waiting for them to approve my registration.

ki9cAAb.jpg

And for metric, you need to set that option via Control Panel with fsx runing and Q400 loaded, and then reload the aircraft. It's in the manual

Thanks guys. I saw that part in the manual but had loaded the sim with control panel already in metric and assumed that would be the same.

It's a great sim, but the manual could do with some improvement.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Pressing and holding the switch turns the Wxr/Terrain display overlay off.  I emailed Majestic tech support who replied very quickly and told me the terrain display changes modes automatically based on radio alt, vertical speed and IAS.  Just tried it out at LOWI and it certainly does.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Can't ask in the Majestic forum yet as I'm still waiting for them to approve my registration.

I thought that too, until I spotted that my e mail client had consigned the confirmation

e mail to the junk folder.

I thought that too, until I spotted that my e mail client had consigned the confirmation

e mail to the junk folder.

I had checked my spam folder.  They just hadn't sent out the confirmation email yet (it was only a few hours since I registered).

ki9cAAb.jpg

I had checked my spam folder. They just hadn't sent out the confirmation email yet (it was only a few hours since I registered).

give them a day or so took me 3 days to get registered

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg