Sign in to follow this  
N520AT

(FS9.1 update) HELP!

Guest gremel

I just double clicked the (FS 9.1 exe Update) that I downloaded from Microsoft and it loaded successfully, but then when I tried to open FS2004 on my desktop, I got the following message and was unable to open it."The version of FS2004 detected is not compatable with the version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.01.40901. You need the correct version of FS2004. Check the Help-About: the build should be 9.00.3016. FSUIPC will terminate when you select OK."When I clicked the 'OK' box, I got the following message: "Flight simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight simulator but the aircraft or software will be disabled.File: FSUIPC.dll"I then get my desktop screen with all my icons and it will not open FS2004 at all.What on earth have I done?? I hope it can be fixed. Can anybody help!Regards,Jack

I have got to say that, if someone is not on the internet this problem really is a bit much!For FS to have to rely on support from another software supplier really is, the writing on the wall,,,,,,,,,,,,Isn't it?Dave.ASUS KT333 M/Board, Radeon9800Pro128mb, 1024DDR, ATI xp2400+CPU, 80 gb HDD

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest allcott

>I have got to say that, if someone is not on the internet>this problem really is a bit much!>>For FS to have to rely on support from another software>supplier really is, the writing on the wall,,,,,,,,,,,,Isn't>it?>>Dave.It does not `rely` on FSUIPC - if the FSUIPC.dll is removed then the message is not generated. It is simply MS recognising that many, many simmers use this module and providing a helping hand toward the solution. Sadly there are those simmers who don't understand this, even posting here.And as for the helping hand gremel, try reading the readme that comes with the patch, that comes up before you install the patch, is already on display on the MS website, has already been mentioned numerous times on this website and, funnily enough, contains the advice to update your FSUIPC installation - and where to get it.The readme comes up after you install the patch too and is in the root folder of FS2004. All the information you need is there.Allcott