Sign in to follow this  
nawarren

Speed Intervene

Hi All,

I fly the 737ngx online with vatsim quite a bit, and often on descent I like to use speed intervene to adjust my descent rate. However I have a really annoying problem where say I have selected 280kts in the speed window, seemingly randomly the speed will drop to 100kts and I can't change it. If I dial 280 back on the speed it will go back to 280 briefly then drop to 100 again.

It's driving me nuts, I thought I new the autoflight and FMS pretty well. Am I missing something here, I was under the impression that speed intervene was only controlled by the speed dial. The drop to 100 seems to me like a bug. Any ideas?

Cheers

Neil

The IAS drops to 100? That's not good. You're not stalling out of the sky? Something's not right.

Any chance you can try again and get some screen caps?

Matt Cee

Hi Matt,

Yea it's a weird one. I forgot to mention that I use the CP flight MCP RS232 to select auto flight functions. Maybe there's a problem with the hardware. Although I can't think what. I will try and get a screen shot next time I fly.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Matt,

I don't stall because I take manual control of the thrust. If I did nothing then the speed would decay to 100. Not good.

Cheers

Neil

It's highly likely it's your hardware causing this. Easy to check, just unplug it and see if you can replicate the problem.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi Kevin,

I think you are correct. I will try it without the CP and see. Am so used to flying with MCP it will feel weird without! Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

Neil