Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

So, whats being developed for FSX thats got you interested?

747v2 and any scenery from fsdt, ft, flightbeam

Me too.

PMDG 747v2

FlightBeam KIAD

FSDT KIAH <- Assumed next FSDT scenery

Maybe the PMDG 777 but not sure if I get it or just wait for the 747v2.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Surprised in all these lists that PFPX is only mentioned once. We are in need of a premier flight planner with all the bells and whistles. Finally an all in one instead of having to jump around to get setup for a proper flightplan. FSbuild is old. 

Anything that is extremely detailed in simulation and not just eye candy I will take a look at and be interested in. With the exception of PMDG most everything else will be subject to user reviews. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Alabeo Staggerwing to add to my collection of vintage and warbird aircraft in my virtual hangars.

Alabeo Staggerwing to add to my collection of vintage and warbird aircraft in my virtual hangars.

FYI, your signature link points to a website flagged as malicious (208.73.210.155 aka jaggyroadfilms.com) ... you might want to change your signature and remove that link.

Surprised in all these lists that PFPX is only mentioned once. We are in need of a premier flight planner with all the bells and whistles. Finally an all in one instead of having to jump around to get setup for a proper flightplan. FSbuild is old.

I looked this up after reading your post and I must agree...very impressive.

brucek, on 17 May 2013 - 5:55 PM, said:

In other words, is "flying" what you like, or is "what's coming next" the important aspect?

Flying is what I like and for me it's "what can I make next" that's the fun part. Earth is a big planet, in fact the only one I've been to... FSX gives us 24,490 airports and I've just scratched the surface off that list.

My question- and I hope it never comes to pass- but if developers ever get to the point that FSX is not worth developing for, and if there is no successor to FSX in the MSFS line, so the question posed by this thread is meaningless- would you stay with FSX with what we have now and what is being developed that we know of, but no more development.

In other words, is "flying" what you like, or is "what's coming next" the important aspect? I'll say again, I hope we never get to this point. Most RL pilots fly only several planes, none of which are usually "new"- most are decades old, in fact....

I would hope that if FSX becomes not worth developing, that all the talented developers move on to something like X-Plane.  From what I've seen of the trial version of 10 it's pretty nice, but it really really really needs some developers to jump on.  Mainly in the scenery areas as I know there are already aircraft developers.  It needs someone to hit the airports and the big cities with some OrbX level stuff.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

FTX Global

Any new FTX region

Anything A2A and Real Air

PMDG 747 V2, DC 6, 777

Aerosoft Twin Otter v2

LevelD 757 and updated 767

Milviz 737/200 - have it on pre order

And thanks to this thread PFPX, looks amazing

FSDG Prague and FSLA320. Will be incredible to have a bus of sufficient quality to make it as enjoyable as the NGX.

And now after reading this thread, FTX Global. It looks like the perfect solution for those of us who would like better, more realistic textures but don't want to buy 100 different add ons to achieve it.

You could spend about £1,000 and not even cover Europe so this looks very interesting.

I'm still using FS9 for the time being, but the ones (that aren't already out) I'm eyeing for when I get a new rig for my return FSX: Milviz King Air 350, Aerosoft's CRJ, the new Twotter, REX Simair, and of course, FTX Global.

I would hope that if FSX becomes not worth developing, that all the talented developers move on to something like X-Plane.  From what I've seen of the trial version of 10 it's pretty nice, but it really really really needs some developers to jump on.  Mainly in the scenery areas as I know there are already aircraft developers.  It needs someone to hit the airports and the big cities with some OrbX level stuff.

FSX is nasty dirty little pig to run, but those add-ons make it worth it to keep fsx on the hard drive fly in it years to come. Obrx is keeping fsx from its lethal injection execution date nothing wrong with that.  Also, MSEv2 helps make fsx a lot better on the ground.  Xplane 10 just fly to Las Vegas ops I hit my mouse to close after I saw the badly misplaced autogen,  X-plane is not bad program once some can overlook lack of landmarks and eye candy, and think got great potential, but it needs some work by all involved. Its got weather systems and dymanics in flight fsx lacks, love the vividness of nasty wind changes.  FSX has the opposite problem that Xplane does 

I can see myself perchasing (Not ordered in anyway)

- PFPX (Very neat planning tool)

- Flytampa Sydney (Need a decent YSSY)

- PMDG 777

- PMDG 747v2

- Aerosoft Airbus X A318/A319

- Aerosoft Airbus X A330

- Aerosoft Twin Otter X Extended

- Coolsky/McPhat Fokker 50 (Their Diesel Nine is excellent)

- Milviz 737-200

- Enigma 737 second gen

QW 787

FTX Global

FTX NorCal

Alabeo PA-38

Carenado C-206 (maybe)

Dino Cattaneo S-3

Enigma 737

A2A and RA 172

A2A Cherokee