Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Whats the best regional jet for FSX, currently available?

As the title says, whats the best regional jet currently out for FSX.

Dosent matter the type, CRJ, ERJ, etc... just that its smartly done and worth the money. 

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The FeelThere ERJ135/145 are the only good regional jets currently out there, although it's graphics are getting a bit old.

Don't go to the Wilco CRJ... just trust me.

I've heard a lot of positives about Feelthere's ERJ 135/145, although I haven't been able to get it myself yet. If you're willing to see the Avro RJ as a regional jet rather than short-haul, QualityWings' Ultimate BAe146/Avro RJ Collection blows it out of the water though, a statement I can make without owning the ERJ just because it's that good and much more recent, so it could win on better graphics alone. 

The FeelThere ERJ135/145 are the only good regional jets currently out there, although it's graphics are getting a bit old.

I would have to go with the EJETS Vol 1 & 2 (ERJ-170,175,190,195) over the 135/145. The model and texture quality is better, as well as their systems.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If you're willing to see the Avro RJ as a regional jet rather than short-haul, QualityWings' Ultimate BAe146/Avro RJ Collection blows it out of the water though, a statement I can make without owning the ERJ just because it's that good and much more recent, so it could win on better graphics alone.

I had to return the BAE collection because of ILS issues whenever there were crosswinds, the ILS would not compensate. When I was flying into Brussels, visibility was low and there was a crosswind. I couldnt see the runway until it was too late, and the Avro crashed into a field.

They may have fixed this issue with a patch, but I don't know. I returned the plane, mostly because of this issue, but also because I rarely fly over in Europe, and the immersion just doesn't feel right flying a 146 over here in America. Others will have to weigh in on whether the crosswind issue has been fixed.

I'd also recommend to try the QW Avro RJ. IIRC it can be bought from Flight1, which gives you the opportunuity to return it if you don't like it.  It is pretty easy to get it set up if you're familiar with FMCs. It's not exactly hte Boeing-style FMC, but rather similar IMO, so no great difficulties here. Besides, the visual model is excellent.

I never liked the Feelthere ERJ, I didn't even get it in the air properly, because I have not found a documentation or tutorial flight for it.

On a sidenote, the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended, which is my preferred plane does a nice job, too - although regional flights with A320s are rather unusual, I guess

Thanks for the suggestions!  :good:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I had to return the BAE collection because of ILS issues whenever there were crosswinds, the ILS would not compensate. When I was flying into Brussels, visibility was low and there was a crosswind. I couldnt see the runway until it was too late, and the Avro crashed into a field.

They may have fixed this issue with a patch, but I don't know. I returned the plane, mostly because of this issue, but also because I rarely fly over in Europe, and the immersion just doesn't feel right flying a 146 over here in America. Others will have to weigh in on whether the crosswind issue has been fixed.

I never had a problem with the autopilot, I presume that's what you're talking about. You are mixing up terminology here, not to mention are you sure the runway you are landing is certified for a full autoland? If you can't see the runway until it's too late, then you shouldn't be landing. I don't think any RJ's are cat3c capable.

I love the QualityWings Avro RJ collection, they're going to add the 146 soon (if they haven't already, I haven't checked, I've been too busy with the Q400! :-P) and it's one heck of a plane. It's extremely fun to fly, the systems are just right if you're not that into having to take 30 minutes to start up, but not shallow enough so that it feels like there's no work involved. The FMC is actually really intuitive, and it flies pretty dang fast for the size of engines it has, but it DOES have four engines...

The only thing, like a poster said before is that it's rarely, if ever used here in the states, although I understand it's much more common to see abroad, in some of the more obscure aviation communities, like Greece, Venezuela (I think?) and in some of the more popular ones like Great Britain and other European countries. If you've been wanting to force yourself to get into European flying and you haven't found the right opportunity, this plane is a great one to start with!

As for the ERJ's, I enjoy them immensely, they are actually a challenge to fly, and to me, they are quite realistic. They have a pretty steril cockpit, which is pretty much like the real thing, and are often used in regional flights in the states by ExpressJet, Republic, and other regional airlines. As for the poster that cannot find the documentation, when you purchased the ERJ from the Mcphat site, it came with a PDF that includes a tutorial flight, flows, and all of that good stuff, I'm not sure if you must have missed it or something, but the documentation is there. I can send you the PDF if you'd like (if that's allowed..). Other than that, there's not much competition, other than maybe using the Airbus Extended from Aerosoft to substitute for some airbus regional routes.

I'm just going to second all 3 recommendations. The Feelthere ERJ v2 and EJets series are both winners. I fly the ERJ quite a bit. The QW BAe/Avro series is a great regional jet add-on, too (and it simulates a good amount of systems, so don't let the 'complexity simplified' statement disuade you). They all hand fly beautifully.

I'll throw caution into the wind and say Aerosoft/Digital Aviation is continuing work on a CRJ 700/900 package that looks very promising, as indicated by recent screenshots. Release date is anyone's guess, but it won't be any time soon, safe to say.

Todd

+1

Exactly right on both counts!

... Feelthere ERJ, ... I have not found a documentation or tutorial flight for it.

manual for the ERJv2 as quoted from the support forum's FAQ -

Q. where is the manual?
A. OS 'START' menu : All Programs : feelThere : ERJ

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I probably fly the ERJ v2 135/145 the most, the only issue is the night lighting otherwise its a wonderful aircraft. I fly mostly short RJ hops which the 50 seater is the perfect A/C. And I have the NGX. While documentation for the ERJ is scarce in terms of an AOM or AFM, smart cockpit does have some data. Feelthere does have a good "light to medium" systems manual, if you use your google fu you are able to find what you are looking for though.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Feelthere 135/145 and the QualityWings 146 collection are both getting a lot of my time right now. Would recommend either.