Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Whats the best regional jet for FSX, currently available?

Out of all the aircraft mentioned in this thread the A319 is by far the simplest to operate and most automated. In reality you can just about hear jet engines from the flightdeck, they're only noticeably audible during takeoff, as once your airborne the wind noise tends to drown them out.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Anyone know when the Aerosoft CRJ is going to release?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I watched a few video's of the A319 last night and I love the look of it, especially the cool cockpit.  However it looked very complicated to operate and when the engines were started I could hardly hear them. 

Contrary to what most simmers seem to think, in most modern day jetliners, the engines are barely audible in the cockpit. First of all, they're drowned out by the various heating and cooling ducts blowing air all over the cockpit and associated areas. Secondly, the acoustic isolation in modern jets really is very, very good. So good in fact, that you nearly can't hear the engines starting on the flight deck of an A320.

We were doing an engine run on an A320 yesterday, and the only noticeable sensory cue, apart from the instruments of course, was the faint rumble you could feel going through the aircraft while the engines were spooling up.

The wilco crj isn't that bad as long as you understand it's limitations however aerosodt will have a crj soon.

Otherwise yes, the erj and ejects from feel there are very nice With lots of liveries to Choose from.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

The Wilco CRJ is terrible. I highly regretted buying it, many bugs and constant freezes.

QW 146/ Avro I believe is very good for short haul/ Regional.

Makes for some intense flying into London City, that's for sure!

The Feelthere ERJ 135/145 was and is a pleasure to fly.  A little challenging since those planes don't have an autothrottle, but fun none the less.  The E-Jets series are great as well, not sure what all the fuss is about the quality though.  Seems ok to me.  It's definitely a step up from Level-D's aged 767 cockpit. 

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but if anyone is looking for E-Jets v.2 Embraer 175 and 195 PM me I have it for sale - Never used - won in a screenshot competition for half the current price :) for FSX and FS9

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but if anyone is looking for E-Jets v.2 Embraer 175 and 195 PM me I have it for sale - Never used - won in a screenshot competition for half the current price :) for FSX and FS9

This is better posted in the classifieds forums, you will get more responses.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I'm just curious. 

Why would anyone pre-order something like this?  If it can be downloaded, then I don't see any reason to do this.  It is not like it is "limited edition".  Am I missing something?

I'm just curious. 

Why would anyone pre-order something like this?  If it can be downloaded, then I don't see any reason to do this.  It is not like it is "limited edition".  Am I missing something?

You're correct. What is more, the box will only be released some time after the download release, presumably after the 1st servicepack,