Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Whats the best regional jet for FSX, currently available?

Do the embraer's from feelthere have full autoland like the Avro?

Do they work ok on Steam and W8.1?

My Current Virtual Airlines flights have 1 route (Bristol to Gatwick) that averages 130 Passengers (So my Avro is slightly too small) and 2 Smaller routes that Average 50 passengers (So the Avro is a little too big)

Plan, now is to Get an Airbus for the Higher Passenger Route and a 50ish seat jet for the smaller route

Very few regional jets are autoland capable, the Avro and Fokker are the exception. CRJ, ERJ and E-jets cannot autoland, they don't even have autothrottle. For autoland you'll need a PMDG 737 NGX or Aerosoft A320.

If you're not bored of the Avro, why not move to a VA that flies it a lot (such as CityJet) instead of trying to get an aircraft to fit the VA?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

E-jets cannot autoland

untrue.  the ejets are autoland capable and this is modeled in the feelThere simulation.

it is correct that the ERJs cannot autoland.

embraer's from feelthere ... Do they work ok on Steam and W8.1

very few are reporting problems with win8.

cannot guarantee steam addition as it seems this release isn't compliant to the SDK provided for FSX.  feelThere is looking into a patch for the steam addition.  see details -

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/78392-embraer-erj-135145-series-steam-edition-notice/

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

untrue.  the ejets are autoland capable and this is modeled in the feelThere simulation.

Whoops my mistake, gotta hold my hands up to that one! I was getting confused with the Q400 which can't autoland but can CAT III with HUD.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

it is correct that the ERJs cannot autoland.

very few are reporting problems with win8.

cannot guarantee steam addition as it seems this release isn't compliant to the SDK provided for FSX.  feelThere is looking into a patch for the steam addition.  see details -

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/78392-embraer-erj-135145-series-steam-edition-notice/

Thanks for the help, I had to so the simconnect thing when I purchased the Avro, seems you need to do it for most add ons.

iFly makes a decent 747 and PMDG also makes a great 777.

If you're skilled, you can park either of those just about anywhere.

The first one to beat me to landing the 777 at ORBX's upcoming KSEZ gets a cupcake.

I'm just curious. 

Why would anyone pre-order something like this?  If it can be downloaded, then I don't see any reason to do this.  It is not like it is "limited edition".  Am I missing something?

I guess it means that, on the day of release, when Aerosoft's payment system crashes under the load, pre-orderers will be able to head straight to their account and start downloading.

EDIT:   scratch that! ..... just noticed that the pre-order is only for the boxed version of the CRJ, so I agree with you guys - pointless!

"embraer's from feelthere ... Do they work ok on Steam"..... Yep, they work perfect for me....FSX-SE has brought new Flight Sim life back to me, and these jets are my favorite to fly.  I also found 2 tutorials flights for both the ERJ V2 and the also the EJets 175-195.  There is one for the ERJ145 on this page..... about the fifth item down. Although flytutorial is no longer a web site this has the tutorial in a zip download.

Here is one for the  http://ww2db.free.fr/dl/Ejet170tutv21.pdf.....its old but basically the same as the 175

Not sure if this is alright to post...if not please delete

I guess it means that, on the day of release, when Aerosoft's payment system crashes under the load, pre-orderers will be able to head straight to their account and start downloading.

EDIT:   scratch that! ..... just noticed that the pre-order is only for the boxed version of the CRJ, so I agree with you guys - pointless!

Aerosoft is getting pretty close to release, as is evidenced by this recent request for one additional beta tester:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/33966-aerosoft-da-crj-preview/&page=258

Mathijs Kok of Aerosoft said that the beta tester would only be required for two weeks starting today. He also said that doesn't imply a release date.

But given that the release date for the boxed version is November, 2016, my guess is that the CRJ download version will be released within a month at most. The Aerosoft CRJ supposedly works in FSX, FSX-SE and P3D V3 (and possibly V2), but that remains to be seen.

It is interesting that the regional jet airliner market is so devoid of quality products for FSX/P3d.

Video of the Aerosoft CRJ:

• Upvote 1

Hi all!

Reading all this topic this morning and looking some vids on the tube, I decided to buy the "Feelthere ERJ", waiting for the not so close release of the Aerosoft CRJ! For personnal reasons I could not complete  this afternoon, my flight from KMRY to KRDD, but I could prepare the plane, load the FMS (a primus like in the Eaglesoft Citation X but just a little bit less sophisticated)etc...I'm empressed, not bad for a 6 + years old addon! Ok the graphics are a little bit outdated(Not more that my beloved CitationX) but my overall impression is really good. You can tweak many things through the configurator and it's a very nice feature. I also bought the beautiful McPhat liveries and the plane looks great! As soon as I can complete a flight I'll be back  :wink:

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Pat,

I was doing the same browsing around that you did and if I wasn't resigned to waiting a month or so for Aerosoft (You can make fun of me in December, 2017 when their CRJ is still in beta.), the Feelthere ERJ would have been my choice also.

Jay

But given that the release date for the boxed version is November, 2016, my guess is that the CRJ download version will be released within a month at most.

Aerosoft have stated many times in the preview thread on their forum) that the boxed release

dates are just place holders since their store software apparently needs a date entered. So even

if says xx November it doesn't necessarily mean that the boxed version will be released that day.

Also, there is a VC freeware addon for the default FSX CRJ 700 that really improves the aircraft:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/default-crj-700-vc-rework.436719/

According to a post by AS officials in the CRJ thread, "the beta is really nearing its end".  http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/33966-aerosoft-da-crj-preview/&page=263#comment-774923

So I would expect it to be released within a few weeks.