Sign in to follow this  
Mick

why so slow

Guest bob18k

Hi all Maybe someone could enlighten me as to why Flight sim is so slow. I get good frame rates with my system but when you look at games like far cry and doom3 flight sim just looks so archaic and it takes so much too run it. Even with the best hardware it

Guest eham02

Robert, forgive me but I think your message was (to use your phraseology) just 'typically bloated' opinions about a company which is is fashionable to whine about. The last time I looked, Doom 3 didn't have :26,000+ airfields all over the world150,000+ navigation aidsTerrain textures for just about the whole planetWeather visuals which are very realisticA dedicated and very in-depth Help sectionThe capability to realistically guide a new simmer from starting up the Cessna 172 to Taking command of a 747-400I find it strange that you have such a slow FPS. I have a reasonably high - end PC, I have all the Project AI traffic running, real-world weather, and I can fly a complex aircraft (payware OR freeware) into London Heathrow with only a very minor loss in my average framerate of 35 FPS. At smaller airfields I can get framerates which are so good, it's not even noticeable. Robert, instead of rushing to blame MS for a lousy sim, I suugest that you take a good look inside your PC, and get some things tweaked. The forums are here to help you do just that, not to #### about a product which (let's be honest) is the best sim to ever come onto the market. You are comparing bananas with oranges. Sorry to vent my spleen about this, everybody. I'm just sick and tired of MS haters. Eham

Hi there!"...The last time I looked, Doom 3 didn't have..."But at least some thousands of bullets flying with supersonic speed.One the other hand, I really would like to know what fps Doom would have, if the "actor" would run with 350 KIAS through his dungeons :-)))Sorry, could not resist..."I'm just sick and tired of MS haters."Strange, I thought since Atari and Amiga disapeared from the scene the war is over. Suppose I'm wrong...Anyhow, do somebody out there still has the original box with book and flight charts from the Sublogic Flight Simulator for Atari ST. I still have the disks but my box and it's content disappears over the years. Mick!