Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

Landing Gear on Fire on B737 in Moscow Prior to Landing

<p>A plane made an emergency landing in Moscow with the landing gear on fire before touchdown. Any idea on how a landing gear could catch fire before touchdown and what kind of procedures should the pilots take? It seems like a rare occurence. Notice in the video how a couple of passengers jumping off the wing are seen passing their hand luggage down to some other guy whilst delaying other passengers waiting behind them from getting away. It really annoys me when I see something like that. Those vital seconds wasted whilst one guy passess his bag off the wing the to the next guy could cost those people their lives. Pure stupidity.

Here's the story and video:

<p><a href="http://news.sky.com/story/1092738/plane-makes-landing-with-undercarriage-ablaze">http://news.sky.com/story/1092738/plane-makes-landing-with-undercarriage-ablaze</a></p>

Cheers,

Steve

And what I found amazing with that were the people with the bags.  Notice that guy just standing there waiting for the bag?

Amazing...

Any idea on how a landing gear could catch fire before touchdown and what kind of procedures should the pilots take? It seems like a rare occurence

Sure that would be rare, I bet really the tire just burst after touchdown and all the friction made it burn. Usually media isn't too much to be trusted when reporting about aviation incidents. 

Thats a standard procedure at RyanAir....unless you pay to use the stairs. :lol:

its the Modern World...my bags worth more than your &amp;@(&#036;*...me me me :/

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Russian pilots dont need tires to land the metal rims will just do just fine. Just be prepared for Russian roads to your hotel room that ware the real fun starts.

Just be prepared for Russian roads to your hotel room that ware the real fun starts.

Hahaha, I would have to agree with you there! They drive pretty fast and recklessly  :wacko: 

And what I found amazing with that were the people with the bags.  Notice that guy just standing there waiting for the bag?

Amazing...

Russians are a little tougher  I guess.  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB