Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

AI Aircraft SID and STAR Controller

The only problem I see is that VoxATC is injecting some traffic with VFR rules, without any departure or destination.

As I was watching the monitor program these AI never fell into AISIDSTAR control.

As far as I can see, you will never be able to control these.

Thanks Matias.  Sorry for getting back so late (been busy at work and school).  Anyway, this is very interesting.  I could make a special test version of my AICull utility to (optinally) "cull" AI that doesn't have departure and destination data -- the idea being only IFR AI (under control of AISIDSTAR) join the final.   I'm not sure how well it would work though.  Would you be interested in giving it a try?  

Any reason why the link is dead?

I think the link is ok, have you been able to download it?

Awfully quiet in here!

Yes, actually that's probably a good thing.  I'm getting real close to uploading the latest build into the library.  If anyone has any bug reports/suggestions, please get them to me quickly.

Do you have control about the landing gear during take off?

I noticed as i tried to set up "realistic" prucedures for TNCM (St. Maarten) that i need to handover the control to AISIDSTAR very early (at the latest 300ft over ground). But, doing this that means that the Aircrafts don´t have the time to fully retract the landing gear. Smaller Ai´s slightly better, the KLM 747 continues the climb with landing gear 3/4 outside. 

Yes, it is a simconnect limitation.  As long as the AIClimbOutHeight is 900 ft or so, the AI will have time to fully retract the gear.  I had to employ some "tricks" as it is to get the AI to land with gear down, landing flaps and lights, but it is difficult to apply these same tricks to the departure phase where the AI must be controlled immediately after takeoff (e.g., a low AIClimbOutHeight value), such as at TNCM.

-Roland

Yes! For a few days I kept getting a message that the file no longer existed, but a few days ago I was able to get it. Thanks! Been too busy still to try it but hopefully I will have some time this weekend.

Would you be interested in giving it a try?

Sure, Roland.

Anything I can do to help,

But, how could you know where to land those AI that does not have any destination?

Yes, it is a simconnect limitation.  As long as the AIClimbOutHeight is 900 ft or so, the AI will have time to fully retract the gear.  I had to employ some "tricks" as it is to get the AI to land with gear down, landing flaps and lights, but it is difficult to apply these same tricks to the departure phase where the AI must be controlled immediately after takeoff (e.g., a low AIClimbOutHeight value), such as at TNCM.

-Roland

Do you think, this limitation is still valid for P3D? As far as i know LM has changed and expanded  a lot in the new SDK, maybe by chance you have more possibilities there?

Unfortunatly i´m still to "stupid" to read the SDK, i only follow the statements from LM.  

Sure, Roland.

Anything I can do to help,

But, how could you know where to land those AI that does not have any destination?

There's a relatively straight-forward way, probably along the lines of a default destination ICAO that can be added to the .ini file.  If AISIDSTAR finds any AI flying near the default ICAO that don't have a destination, it will assume the AI's destination is the default ICAO.

Could you describe how VoxATC injects the AI onto final.  Are they injected about 25 or 30 nm out and then intercept the final, or are injected really close to the airport (e.g., right onto a final approach fix about 10 nm out)?

There's another option (alternative approach) to try as well, the AICull utility (aicullv11.zip):  http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=aicull&CatID=root&Go=Search  AICull uses a lower-level (non-simconnect) zapper function to remove any AI found not departing from or arriving at a monitored ICAO.  So, it would remove any AI injected onto final found not to have destination data.  Of course, that could cause undesirable side effects or it might not cause any problems at all.  Probably worth a try to see what happens as AICull only does its stuff when it runs (doesn't make any changes to FSX).

-Roland

Yes, actually that's probably a good thing. I'm getting real close to uploading the latest build into the library. If anyone has any bug reports/suggestions, please get them to me quickly

Roland,

The only problem I have been having is it seems the AI are frequently (75% of the landings) dissapearing after landing due to FSX not assigning them a runway. It might be my settings though.  Using UT2.

These are my current settings.  Any suggestions??

NoVectorDistance=7

AImaxspawndistancefromstar=100

AIseparationdistance=3.0

UserAIseparationdistance=3.0

UT2Compatibility=1

AIVectorSortPeriod=1
AITargetLandingRate=1
AIShortFinalRelease=1

Nick Running

Could you describe how VoxATC injects the AI onto final.  Are they injected about 25 or 30 nm out and then intercept the final, or are injected really close to the airport (e.g., right onto a final approach fix about 10 nm out)?

Hello Roland,

I did a quick test to see at about how many miles VoxATC was injecting AI and it seem that it is about 5 to 10 miles from the airport and it's making them do a circling approach to land. I didn't see any AI being injected at short final or long final.

Now, I noticed something that might be good news, this AI that are being injected with VFR rules without any destination, are only injected at the beginning, when VoxATC gets activated by the user. After that only IFR AI with both departure and destination are being injected and AISIDSTAR has control over them.

After a while these VFR AI disappear or land.

This test was while a was on ground, I don't know what will happen if i'm on approach and this VFR AI get injected while i'm close to the Airport.

My suggestions are:

1- If you can delete all the AI with VFR rules. These could be with a parameter in the ini file where the user that have VoxATC can activate this feature.

2- The easiest one :) Just forget about it. After a couple of minutes there is no more VFR AI, and there should be no problems. (I will have to test what happens on approach though)

If I found something else I'll let you know.

1- If you can delete all the AI with VFR rules. These could be with a parameter in the ini file where the user that have VoxATC can activate this feature.

Hello Rolan,

I did a test on approach, and unfortunelly all the injected AI was on VFR rules without any data on destination.

Here are 2 images. One about 80 miles and the other about to capture the LOC. :(

Untitled_zps5105a1f6.jpg

2_zpsd1c0872d.jpg

Hi Roland

Love the program but have run into a problem that I didn't seem to have with earlier versions.  At three different airports now I have this problem.  KBDL, KDCA, KBWI.  After a few aircraft land nicely, one usually misses the IAF. Message says aircraft has bypassed the IAF.  At about 1100 ft in altitude, I get the message that aircraft has overflown the approach and will be removed. Don't mind that, but, once that happens, I never get another landing and the sim atc thinks the aircraft is still on approach.  So I get a/c cleared to land as number 5 etc. whaen no other a/c are present.  Also, no further takeoffs happen.

Any ideas?

Warren

Hi Roland

Love the program but have run into a problem that I didn't seem to have with earlier versions.  At three different airports now I have this problem.  KBDL, KDCA, KBWI.  After a few aircraft land nicely, one usually misses the IAF. Message says aircraft has bypassed the IAF.  At about 1100 ft in altitude, I get the message that aircraft has overflown the approach and will be removed. Don't mind that, but, once that happens, I never get another landing and the sim atc thinks the aircraft is still on approach.  So I get a/c cleared to land as number 5 etc. whaen no other a/c are present.  Also, no further takeoffs happen.

Any ideas?

Warren

I have had some planes an approach to Miami and were told to go around. It was a long while later and I wondered why it was taking so long for their return. I found them in low Earth orbit 0_0

Roland,

The only problem I have been having is it seems the AI are frequently (75% of the landings) dissapearing after landing due to FSX not assigning them a runway. It might be my settings though.  Using UT2.

These are my current settings.  Any suggestions??

NoVectorDistance=7

AImaxspawndistancefromstar=100

AIseparationdistance=3.0

UserAIseparationdistance=3.0

UT2Compatibility=1

AIVectorSortPeriod=1

AITargetLandingRate=1

AIShortFinalRelease=1

Looks good, except maybe bring AImaxspawndistancefromstar down to 60 or 70 (works better with UT2).

Also, if you don't mind the AI circling the airfield if necessary, add AICircleUntilAssignedRunway = 5000, AICirclingTimeNoRunway  = 120, and AIHoldForRunwayPattern = 1 

That causes the AI to wait for landing clearance (if necessary) by circling the airfield about 7 nm out (NoVectorDistance distance) at the stacked altitudes 9000, 7000 and 5000 for about 120 seconds at each height.  This is explained a bit better in the Quick Reference Guide.  Usually, about 40 to 50% of the AI in this circling pattern will eventually get clearance and land normally.

What airport are you using and what UT2 density?  I'll give it a look.  Usually at high density AI airports, about 25% or so of AI is forced to land without FSX clearance.

I did a test on approach, and unfortunelly all the injected AI was on VFR rules without any data on destination.

Here are 2 images. One about 80 miles and the other about to capture the LOC.

Hmm..oh well, but thanks for the info.  

Try adding this to the .ini file:  AICull = 3  (or AICull = 2 for culling airborne traffic only).

I think that should zap all VFR traffic that isn't arriving at or departing from an AISIDSTAR monitored airport, including any VFR traffic that doesn't have arrival and destination data.

Would you mind giving a try?  There's a chance it could produce satisfactory results, might be worth a try.  If it doesn't work, there's another approach I can try, but it is more complicated.

After a few aircraft land nicely, one usually misses the IAF. Message says aircraft has bypassed the IAF.  At about 1100 ft in altitude, I get the message that aircraft has overflown the approach and will be removed.

Do you use the AIShortFinalRelease = 1 parameter in your .ini file?  If so, there might be a bug when that parameter is used that could cause this problem, please give this test version a try:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/03770han1jtb4d1/AISIDSTAR_OVERFLOWN_TEST.zip

Also, add AIFinalApproachTooLow = 0 to the .ini as a separate trouble-shooting step and see if that makes any difference.

I have had some planes an approach to Miami and were told to go around. It was a long while later and I wondered why it was taking so long for their return. I found them in low Earth orbit 0_0

Are you using a registered version of FSUIPC and the AIShortFinalRelease = 1 parameter?  If so, you might be seeing the same bug Warren reported above.  Please give this test version a try:   http://www.mediafire.com/download/03770han1jtb4d1/AISIDSTAR_OVERFLOWN_TEST.zip 

Are you using a registered version of FSUIPC and the AIShortFinalRelease = 1 parameter? If so, you might be seeing the same bug Warren reported above. Please give this test version a try:
Yes my copy is registered. I am not using AIShortFinalRelease in my file. I just have:

AIImmediateForceLandAll =1
AIHoldForRunwayPattern=0
AIFinalPrecisionModeAlt=2500

I am being a little lazy here, but can someone post their ini file settings for a busy airport like LAX.  I use 100% AI settings within P3D, all custom AI aircraft and flightplans based upon real life schedules so the airport is very busy.  Thank you.