Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

AI Aircraft SID and STAR Controller

THIS. I've been trying to hack FSX to find a way to defeat this variable but MS has locked it. I asked Lockheed to change it when they were soliciting for input but haven't heard any updates. I would like to see wind dependent crosswind operations rather than making more false crosswind runways. I don't know if AISidStar can accomplish this, though, but I'll continue hoping.

this would also work great if aisidstars can force landing clearance to fsx.

THIS. I've been trying to hack FSX to find a way to defeat this variable but MS has locked it. I asked Lockheed to change it when they were soliciting for input but haven't heard any updates. I would like to see wind dependent crosswind operations rather than making more false crosswind runways. I don't know if AISidStar can accomplish this, though, but I'll continue hoping.

this would also work great if aisidstars can force landing clearance to fsx.

Roland if you get LM to make the changes, does that mean fsx users won't benefit only p3d users?

Roland if you get LM to make the changes, does that mean fsx users won't benefit only p3d users?

As Roland earlier stated P3Dv2's simconnect seems to offer more possibilities, the FSX one unfortunately not.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

As Roland earlier stated P3Dv2's simconnect seems to offer more possibilities, the FSX one unfortunately not.

that's not good news for me :( I had planned to move to p3d when pmdg does....

that's no :(t good news for me I had planned to move to p3d when pmdg does....

Actually, I think it is good news. While the transition may be slow for a number of companies, at least we have a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Anthony Cacciatore

New Rev. 1.2Q (beta) can be found here: 

Video 1 - Working with the Included Sample SID/STAR Files and Creating New Files Using AIConv.exe:  http://www.mediafire...sing_AIConv.mp4

Video 2 - Custom Editing SID/STAR Files:  http://www.mediafire..._STAR_Files.mp4

Video 3 - Operating Parameters.

Thanks!

-Roland

Hi Roland,

Good news! What triggers these patterns? Coming from a certain anglr. Do you recomlend then to route ai towards a wpt where theu could start this pattern automatically (if realistic)

On a recent flight, i noticed some ai on approach freezing to 0kiats on final. I use custom final. Do you see what coukd cause this?

Thanks very much!

Thank you for your work on this project.   Does AI SIDSTAR have any way of controlling the AI taxi speed in P3DV2.2?  I have not been able to find a tool to speed up the AI taxi (and time out mode too) for P3D.  I don't believe the utility I used in FSX works in P3DV2.2 for this purpose.

What triggers these patterns? Coming from a certain anglr. Do you recomlend then to route ai towards a wpt where theu could start this pattern automatically (if realistic)

Yes, basically the angle of approach to the airport in relation to the detected, landing runway.  So, custom "pattern" waypoints are not needed, although they may help in certain situations if you're trying to do something specific.

Does AI SIDSTAR have any way of controlling the AI taxi speed in P3DV2.2?  I have not been able to find a tool to speed up the AI taxi (and time out mode too) for P3D.

AISIDSTAR doesn't provide taxi services for now, although I'm looking at this feature for the next, major release, in which case I would definitely provide AI taxi speed and time-out parameters among many others.  

Regards,

-Roland

I been having this problem where AI approach from wierd angles and landing in the middle or miles from the runway.  Using FSDT LAX.  I mainly use your program for AI spotting.Untitlfed-1_zps08428a9a.jpgUntitled-a_zps2e0afaa9.jpg

Roland, when AIImmediateForceLandAll is used, does ai respect holding?

I would like to see a change to the rollout feature. Could you make a table that identifies the model of aircraft and has a specific range for stopping distance. That way for example, a 737 can stop in less than 1600 metres normally so there is no need for it to use the majority of say a 4000 metre runway. On the same token, if can land in as short runway such as Santos Dumont which is I think 1400 metres but that would be the min limit.

There for the min limit is used for runways shorter than the normal and the normal stopping us used for greater than normal runway required. I hope that makes sense.

Great job as usual!

I mainly use your program for AI spotting.

Just to verify, when you're spotting, do you have an overlay window up (e.g., a "new" window to view AI aircraft)?  If so, a Simconnect bug causes bad data to be sent via the SimConnect link.  AISIDSTAR then controls the AI aircraft erratically.  It is OK to view map or another aircraft in the second window briefly, but if you keep the second window on indefinitely, AISIDSTAR will experience problems.

Also, delete your KLAX final approach autogen files from the autogen directory.  Sometimes a bad autogen slips through the cracks and gets recorded.

Could you make a table that identifies the model of aircraft and has a specific range for stopping distance.

Sure, I'll look into it.  This is a popular request, although I might save it for the next version, where it would dovetail nicely with the new taxi parameters.

Roland, when AIImmediateForceLandAll is used, does ai respect holding?

Yes, it should.  Are you seeing some problems?

-Roland

Has anybody tried creating the Expressway visual into KLGA?