Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stainless

Have they 'fixed' it in FS9Patch1?

Hello to those who've installed the patch. Does it still request FS9 disk (Disk 4 if I'm correct) to run FS or they've fixed it? If it still does, post a new no-cd link pls. The previous exe would not work as designed.Thanks,Dirk.

Yes, CD4 will still be needed to run FS9 after the patch. Any links to "fixing" it? Don't really want to abrade my copy from the gift tin box.Thanks.

Take a look at some virtual CD applications...This will allow you to make a virtual CD of disk4 and put it onyour hard drive so you don't need the original.This is also good for clip art cd's and such.I use virtual drive pro from Farstone.. works like a charm.

Thanks Jim, but I'll prefer good ole no-cd which is 1,5Mb vs 700Mb Virtual. It's not that I'm saving on space, but just stick to some habits.

Guest Stainless

The "usual" places for No cd's and such don't have one for the new version of FS9, yet, but give it a week or so... I'll probably go the way Jim suggested, create a virtual CD using daemon tools or similar...