Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

Any users of FSHotseat FSX?

Guest Tomlin

Has anyone here started using the $17.00 SFX utility that adds the sounds of other aircraft in the vicinity? Ive tried the demo at KORD, and it seems really good. Im wondering if anyone here actually uses the other functions in the $35.00 version. Thanks,

Guest JimC1702

I have it and really like it, it brings the airports to life. You'll hear jets, turbo-props, and prop engines taking off, landing, and using reversers, passing overhead on a go-around, and even hear a plane in the air if you get too close.If you're close enough to where a plane touches down you'll hear the screech of the tires. I think it adds a lot to the sim, especially at a large busy airport.And it works with the patch! :)Jim

Guest Lobaeux4

I've got FSHotseat and I liked it with one exception. FSHotseat HAS to run on the same computer as MSFS, you can't use WideFS with it. That, for me, has put it on the back burner since it uses up quite a bit of resources. Maybe if I put in another 512MB of RAM, I can use it again, or upgrade my processor, but with PMDG or any other complicated add-on, it's too much for my little computer to handle. NOW, if they ever came up with a way to run it over a network, I'd be one happy simmer!

This is something you don't get tired of hearing. Since it is more of an airport atmosphrere I use just about evertime I am on the ground. I am using the full blown version and I only use it for AI Blast (Bummer, they didn't have the lite version when I purchased it otherwise I would have gone that route). But since I use it all the time, to me it is a better investment than say an aircraft or airport that I may use every so often.I too would like to have it reside on a 2nd PC but to be truthfull I see to impact on resources (or should I say framerates).Go get it!

So the sound are they artificial or only occur when you actually have a plane landing and such?Also the performance hit how big is it?

Guest Tomlin

Well, it works great as a demo (the lite version) and sounds really good. I am glad that since the demo is limited to the Chicago area, that you can get a good feeling of how much system it uses. My System and typical simming habits:AMD 28001 Gig 3200 memory256 video at 8XXP HomePMDG 737NG-800/900Most sliders middle to middle rightNow, I almost have a slideshow at KORD, and definately do when I tried the Eagle Soft Citation X. Thankfully, my system does really well with the PMDG 737NGAlso, I really just want to know if (1) the full version with the flight attendant and request for tug is worth it(2) if there's a way to completely disable the Copilot Bob

Aaah cool so you can actually try it out in fs9? I thought the demo was that audio file they have on their homepage :(