Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

"Flight file is corrupt or can't be found ......"

Now that I have installed the 9.1 patch (though this may becoincidental - I am setting up FS9 + patch from scatch) I now get thefollowing message at startup:"The requested flight file is corrupt or can't be found. FlightSimulator will try to load the default flight".I have tried to create a new flight and then save it, ticking the boxto save it as the default, but no matter what I try I get the sameerror message when I restart FS. I can manually replace the FLTSIM.FLT file with another .FLT file, and the new flight will load as the default, but I still get the error message first.I can't work out what flight FS9 is trying to find or load when Istart it up, or why I can't set a new default flight so that that oneis loaded on start up.Various other problems with PMDG and Active Camera now (wish I'd lefteverything alone!), but I'd be grateful for help on this one for now! Thanks ...Martin S.

Rename your fs9.cfg to fs9.OLD. Restart FS2004, let it stabilize, and see if the problem is corrected. If so, reset all your preferences for the new fs9.cfg and delete fs9.OLD. If the problem still occurs, delete fs9.cfg then rename fs9.OLD to fs9.cfg.You need to download the Active Camera and FSUIPC updates.W. Sieffert

Guest OscarP

Oh my, the problem is back. No matter how many times I delete the fs9.cfg file and try to set everything up from the beginning the default flight just doesn't change to the one I wan't.The most anoying thing about it is that I have to correct the FS clock everytime I start FS as it thinks my local time is the local time in Seattle - where the MS default flight departs.Oscar Pilgrim, BAW0351

There is a problem with saving a default flight from the FS2004 Flight Simulator 9 Main Menu.Start the flight simulator, select create a flight, make the changes you want on the main menu, e.g., aircraft, time, weather, location, and press Fly Now!. Once the flight simulator stabilizes, make anyother changes, such as, NAV/COM frequencies, fuel load, etc. Once satisfied, select Flights, Save Flights..., input data, and check the "make this flight the default flight, OK. Exit the flight simulator, restart the flight simulator, and see if the new default flight is loaded.W. Sieffert

Guest OscarP

Thanks again but it just doesn't work. My default flight still is the Cessna at Seattle. Guess I have to live with it.. :(Oscar Pilgrim, BAW0351