Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Warez and this hobby

Guest ba747heavy

Hey all --There was a post today in the PMDG Support forum that reminded me a large problem in this hobby. A person said he got a time limited demo, and he didn't like it and wanted to uninstall it. He wanted to know how to go about uninstalling(the NG does not have an uninstall feature...don't ask me why, I just beta test the thing ;-))And before I go on, I am not accusing this person of having an illegal copy of anything, this post just happened to remind me of this said problem(which I will mention shortly ;-)) I find it incredible that people would download warez from there buddies, P2P networks, etc, let alone demand support from the very companies that they are stealing from! I know this scenario happens more often than we as a community might like to admit. What I want to know is what in the world are they thinking!? I think represents a large problem with the mindset of simmers who warez(ok ok, that was redundtant ;-)). Sigh, what is this world coming to?BTW, I would like to be redundant some more in saying that I am not accusing the fellow whose post I refrenced. His post just reminded me of the problem...

Hi Fred,while there's no disputing that there's a lot of piracy going on, there is a strong possibility in the case of PMDG, that references to a 'trial' version are the result of a msunderstanding. It could well be, that some people (especially those, whose first language is not English) equate the 10-day 'grace' period with a 'trial' period, and they probably assume that if they don't register the plane, their credit card will not be charged, or the money refunded. Just a thought...Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

I agree, there was a bit of misunderstaning, even among those who speak english as a first language(myself). I thought that it would be a demo 'try before you buy' type of thing, and I thought so until we got about halfway through the beta process. PMDG had stated that it would be a demo product, and then changed there minds without much in the way of fanfair to tell the public whats up.

Guest ba747heavy

Definately confused. Can't say that I blame the guy for what he did, thats for sure :)