Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

The OOM beep FSUIPC, no longer beeps?

i recently had a couple of OOM errors, although I believe I have fixed them.   

I never got the beep beep warning that used to preceed them.  My FSUIPC is the latest version although unreg version,   anyone else have this happen?  If so do you know how I can switch the beep back on? 

Regards

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I have the ini set to OOMcheck=Yes

but no longer get it, did upgrade to Windows 7?  Maybe that's why?

Agh  Ignore me  my system sounds were switched off !!  I feel like a right Berk !

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Agh Ignore me my system sounds were switched off !! I feel like a right Berk !

LOL!  I was just getting ready to ask whether you had your sound turned up or not.  Sometimes, in the roar of the massive PMDG737 engines, it's hard to hear or recognize it from other cockpit sounds.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

LOL!  I was just getting ready to ask whether you had your sound turned up or not.  Sometimes, in the roar of the massive PMDG737 engines, it's hard to hear or recognize it from other cockpit sounds.

Best regards,

Jim

The problem is, even though you can hear it, what can you do apart from waiting for an inevitable CTD?

Zicheng Cai

The problem is, even though you can hear it, what can you do apart from waiting for an inevitable CTD?

Place the sim in Pause mode.  Go to Windowed Mode or hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and open up the Task Manager.  Look for FSX programs running like AS2012 or REX or FSCoPilot or anything related to FSX.  Shut them down one by one until the dinging goes away.  I have solved mine a couple of times by shutting down AS2012 but subsequently found that I had my graphics settings in that program set too high.  Lowered the settings from 4096 to 1024 or 2048 and no more issues.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Place the sim in Pause mode.  Go to Windowed Mode or hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and open up the Task Manager.  Look for FSX programs running like AS2012 or REX or FSCoPilot or anything related to FSX.  Shut them down one by one until the dinging goes away.  I have solved mine a couple of times by shutting down AS2012 but subsequently found that I had my graphics settings in that program set too high.  Lowered the settings from 4096 to 1024 or 2048 and no more issues.

Best regards,

Jim

Well... AS2012 is an independent exe, should not take FSX memory. I don't know why.

Zicheng Cai

Well... AS2012 is an independent exe, should not take FSX memory. I don't know why.

It wouldn't be the EXE's process memory being saved, only all the complex weather structures made by ActiveSky and updated by it regularly. Those are sent to SimConnect and become part of FSX process memory. All those weather stations, all those cloud maps with multiple levels. Apart from the graphics and textures there's the data behind them.

But, yes, compared with the real textures files, the scenery data, the complex aircraft, it is a lesser part of FSX process memory.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

It wouldn't be the EXE's process memory being saved, only all the complex weather structures made by ActiveSky and updated by it regularly. Those are sent to SimConnect and become part of FSX process memory. All those weather stations, all those cloud maps with multiple levels. Apart from the graphics and textures there's the data behind them.

But, yes, compared with the real textures files, the scenery data, the complex aircraft, it is a lesser part of FSX process memory.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Do you have any suggestion when FSUIPC is starting to Ding Ding?

Thanks

Zicheng Cai

Do you have any suggestion when FSUIPC is starting to Ding Ding?

Not really. Some say saving a flight at that point clears memory up a bit -- forces a garbage collection process. That's also why many use the autosave facility.

I've only ever had OOMs due to deliberate memory leaks in a test program I made to check out the checks in FSUIPC. I'd certainly look to reducing some settings to avoid them in future if I ever got them for real. One of those some folks seem to bump up astonishingly high is the LOD Radius. I'm nervous if I put that higher than 5.5.

Regards

Pete

That's also why many use the autosave facility.

I am not sure what was autosave facility about. Could you please spare a minute to talk about it?

Thansk

Zicheng Cai

I am not sure what was autosave facility about. Could you please spare a minute to talk about it?

Automatic saving of flights. See the chapter about it in the User Guide.

Pete

Pete

Great help. Thanks.

Zicheng Cai

Pete

Hi Pete,

One more question about flying the PMDG 747X. In case a CTD happens, I need to load the .flt file first, then use "load panel state" on the PMDG747 right? Or does the 747 automatically load the panel state? My FSX+PMDG 747X is enroute MIA-CDG at the moment so I cannot try that.

Thanks

Zicheng Cai

One more question about flying the PMDG 747X. In case a CTD happens, I need to load the .flt file first, then use "load panel state" on the PMDG747 right? Or does the 747 automatically load the panel state?

I don't know. I'm not a PMDG user. But there's no reason whay it can't do it automatically -- it can get notification of a Flight loading event, along with the pathname for the flight.

Pete