Sign in to follow this  
Guest Id Rather Be Flying

New Flight Simulator

Speaking of a wish list something I would be extremely happy to see is built in support for flying on the major online networks like VATSIM and IVAO. The external clients available today are all but stable.<br /><br />Another cool thing and I'm not sure exactly how that could be done would be the addition of a more "alive" FS world where you could see passengers boarding / deboarding for example or at least make it easier for addon developers to add that kind of things in products like Aerosoft AES.

Richard Åsberg

I am just curious if most people here would be interested in a NEW Flight Simulator that fixes what Microsoft didn't and takes off from there

Go for it. If I could programme this, even if I knew that I would have to leave it to someone else to finish it, I would.

If you do it, I'll buy it, and I hope you'll do do it "right", just get it done before I make the "great leap forward", I am over 60 now.

Good luck, and "take the project home with you".

I am expecting there will be more willing to help out when the time is right as well so I am not worried!

I was going to ask if you'd considered asking if anyone wanted to volunteer some time to pitch in. One thing the MS Flight experience showed us is there is a hunger for a new quality sim, and Avsim has a lot of members with relevant skills to help make it happen if the will and the project management are there.

Unfortunately like most I can't help with the coding side, but if there are other, less technical jobs that need mopping up shout out. Setting up a website and a forum to pool resources might also help...

Best of luck.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

MSFS is a series of different software versions that evolved over some 20 years with a huge number of developers having been involved during that time span. I myself bought all their versions from FS95 up to FSX - and I was not alone ...

It's simply too hard for me to imagine how someone could announce a better flightsim to be developed by a single person(?) without even anything remote of those fundings and ressources that Microsoft has had.

The other side of the story is a small company consisting of four developers, hired by a big flightsim publisher. Those developers are skilled, experienced and still have to struggle a lot just to release a new version of an already existing single aircraft for this very flightsim - FSX.

It's not going to be easy for a single person to build a brand new flightsim ...

One thing the MS Flight experience showed us is there is a hunger for a new quality sim, and Avsim has a lot of members with relevant skills to help make it happen if the will and the project management are there.

it also showed us how many years it took a full time team of developers, using parts of a previous sim and still end up with a shell.

Just as WebMaximus said, put some "life" in your project. MS Flight, as an example, is so sterile despite the better graphics.

God luck

Goran Arvnell

I think the interest in a new FSXI type simulator is evident by how quickly this thread is growing.

Like has been previously stated, looking at the old Aerosoft thread would be very fruitful, since everything desired by the community (and much more), has been covered there.

MSFS is a series of different software versions that evolved over some 20 years with a huge number of developers having been involved during that time span. I myself bought all their versions from FS95 up to FSX - and I was not alone ...

It's simply too hard for me to imagine how someone could announce a better flightsim to be developed by a single person(?) without even anything remote of those fundings and ressources that Microsoft has had.

The other side of the story is a small company consisting of four developers, hired by a big flightsim publisher. Those developers are skilled, experienced and still have to struggle a lot just to release a new version of an already existing single aircraft for this very flightsim - FSX.

It's not going to be easy for a single person to build a brand new flightsim ...

Oleg Maddox........nuff said.

I really think this new flight simulator sounds absolutely amazing, and I wish the best of luck to both you and your team as you take on this wonderful project!

Incidently, have you ever been able come up with a name for this new FS as of yet, or is it still being decided upon as well?

Thanks in advance.

I really think this new flight simulator sounds absolutely amazing, and I wish the best of luck to both you and your team as you take on this wonderful project!

Incidently, have you ever been able come up with a name for this new FS as of yet, or is it still being decided upon as well?

Thanks in advance.

FSNext

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

I am really hoping this project comes to fruition , I am now on my 3 rd pc built for fsx & although I've finally got it quite good I am still a bit dissatisfied with how it performs , trees & other autogen just popping up when your already there , photo textures sometimes blurring a little before it catches up . I would love a flightsim that can perform seamlessly so your immersion never gets distracted. Good look in all your endeavours.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

A favorite quote of mine:

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.

Good luck to you and your team and we will all be watching this space.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

If you're still looking for suggestions then at the risk of stating the obvious:

64 Bit

Dx11

Stable

Forward looking

By all means make it "look" like FSX in terms of menu's etc but you can for me do away with backwards compatibility entirely if it meant that the new sim was rock solid stable.

I have always had the impression that the clamour for everyone to have every older piece of software in a "new" sim is any "new" sims death knell.

I sincerely wish you well.

Regards

Steve

If you're still looking for suggestions then at the risk of stating the obvious:

64 Bit

Dx11

Stable

Forward looking

By all means make it "look" like FSX in terms of menu's etc but you can for me do away with backwards compatibility entirely if it meant that the new sim was rock solid stable.

I have always had the impression that the clamour for everyone to have every older piece of software in a "new" sim is any "new" sims death knell.

I sincerely wish you well.

Regards

Steve

+1 Amen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️