Sign in to follow this  
speed707bird

Virtual Ryanair

Hi All,

Anybody know what has happened to Virtual Ryanair??

Not been able to see the website since Sat the 18th May.

Cheers, Steve

It was IMO by far the best VA out there.

I laughed the first time I heard of people flying for a VA. 'What looser's' I thought.

Then I actually took the time to look at a few.

There scoring system for each flight with Virtual Ryanair was unique as far as I'm aware?

No evidence of being poorly run from where what I could see. But then I have no insider knowledge

Maybe they should charge, it was the only VA I would pay for.

Steve

I thought the scoring system was VERY good. Also PIREPS were rejected if your flight was outwith certain parameters.

I would say it was extremely professional and miss flying with them. I am now with BA virtual and have seen some pilots land at over 1100FPM. The flight was still accepted! I'm not having a go at BA BTW as I waited months to even sit their exam! With Ryanair, it felt as though every flight was being monitored, which I suppose it was with Acars.

Perhaps the management were not as good as their product??? I can't comment as I did not have any reason to contact them...

Phew..... I talk too much!

I was with them for 9 months and really enjoyed my time flying for them. Shame it went belly up. Still flying for FTG though so no biggie.

Doogie

FTG??? first I've heard. Will deffo check them out. Also the Norwegian Chaps too!  :smile:

Couldn't see any statement on their website, just an error message; pure speculation on my part but it's very likely they got told to stop by the real Ryanair for infringing copyright (i.e. using registered trademarks without permission of the owner), as has happened countless times before.

...as usual, things behind the scenes led to another closure. Not sure what it is with VA's and management sometimes. Is it ego's?

That can happen, particularly those with a large management team (classic scenario of too many chiefs, not enough Indians); it doesn't help that many new virtual airlines dish out management positions as a way of attracting pilots who otherwise wouldn't sign up, and hence end up with a bunch of power hungry, egomaniac teenagers who all want to be CEO! IMO, any VA advertising staff positions externally is to be avoided!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg