Sign in to follow this  
DescendDescend

Impossible to use all the features of FS9 at once?

I have tried for months to get all these features AND still have good enough frames to play, but I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible. Can somebody tell me if this game is just not ment to be played with the following features all at once?1. flying in the VC2. real weather3. 100% traffic4. 8x AA 8x AFMy setup:3.4 p41gb ddr ramfs5950 ultra w/ many different beta drivers, currently trying the 66.81s to no successsb audigy 2windows XP

Guest ssurjap

Have you tried using Ken Salter's FSAUTOSTART, which lets you end unnecessary programs? It's done wonders for me, and I only have a 1.6 P4. I don't get top notch frame rates in the high-density areas and I don't max out my sliders, but I get very good frame rates.

Guest zoso

I have no problem to run the game in this condition.VC Cockpit (PMDG 737)1280x960 32 bit8XAA 8XAFActive SkyUltimate Traffic 100%FPS locked at 25All at Max settings except Autogen Density at Dense, Weather at high and Rendering hardware lights at 6.SystemAMD64-3400+1 Gig 3200 DDRNvidia 6800 GT (latest driver)SB Audigy2Win-XP Pro.

Only because 4x causes too many graphics glitches. From the clouds flickering to the background of the menu corrupting when switching to the PMDG 737 and it does its downloading nav data pop-up. I guess I'll just keep trying all the new drivers from nvidia, but it looks like they gave up on the 5950ultra.

Similar system here except for Radeon 9800, and I have no problems running with everything maxed out. I am using 6xT3 and 16x. Locked at 36 fps, but generally running around 26-28 in high density areas.Wilson

What add-ons do you use and what airplanes? Do you have an ai-traffic program such as Ultimate Traffic? Maybe the ATIs just get better performance with FS9

I believe you need a P4 4GHz machine or equivalent (water-cooled, overclocked), to get near running everything maxed. Even so by the time you did that FS2006 will be out and again a 4GHz machine won't beable to run that maxed out. It's an endless cycle you can never catch up.

I can just about manage it: At UK2000 Gatwick with all settings maxed (except mip map 5), PMDG 700 VC with Ultimate traffic (maxed) and Active sky running, all graphic card settings on max quality except AA at 4X, I get a stonking 10FPS!! It improves to about 25FPS in areas with less traffic.Edit: Athlon 64 3700+, ATI800XT, 1GB DDR400, ASUS K8NE.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs