Sign in to follow this  
mikewingsgm

How to work with Gmax

Hey everybody,

I'm just an 11-old kid but I love fs9 and I wish to make scenery in gmax or fsds ( I have them both). If you have some time to explane me this, I would be very happy to know something harder that afcad.. 

If you have some time to explane me this, I would be very happy to know something harder that afcad..

Welcome to AVSIM. As Alex said and in regards to GMAX, search out every text and video tutorial you can find. Make sure you get GMAX set up properly so it can interface with the proper Flight Simulator version(s) SDKs etc.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/

FSdeveloper is a very good place to browse and has a large number of very knowledgeable scenery and object creators lurking there. It also has some very useful additional tools and so forth.

GMAX is complex and is definitely not intuitive, so start with a extremely simple shape like a cube. Learn how to get the scale right so it will appear in FS as something recognizable such as a very simple hangar, learn how to apply textures to it and how to place it in FS. That is just the basic 'prove to yourself you can do it', Expect a long step by step process of learning with a steep learning curve. I hope this helps you get started in the right direction and a rewarding outcome for you.

Best regards,

Mel

Has anyone done a airport or airfield?

I am positive that a very great number of airports, both free ware and pay ware have been done using GMAX. An alternative would be FS Design Studio or FSDS which is pay ware. I have read good things about this program though I have no knowledge at all about it. There are at least a couple of other alternatives, but, speaking for my self, I have better looking objects with GMAX.

There is also a FSDS forum at: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/

Browsing around there might give you a little insight and help you decide which program you prefer. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mel

Gmax is definitely worth learning but take your time and be patient. You can do almost anything with it.

fsdeveloper forum is a valuable place to understanding all the techniques. Prepare for a lot of reading and trial and error. Just have fun and see what you can make.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

11 years old and trying FS development.

That's awesome!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3