Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

GE90-110B1 or GE90-115B engines? Which one will we get with our PMDG 777LR?

Hello everyone! 

Customers of the real Boeing 777-200LR can choose between the GE90-110B1 and the GE90-115B (777-300ER engine). Could someone tell me which engines we will get with the PMDG T7 LR? 

The GE90-11B is a little bit bigger has slightly more power! 

Greetings from Germany, 

Maurice 

Correction: please read this link

http://www.geaviation.com/engines/commercial/ge90/ge90-115b.html

Quote:

"Following an extensive technical evaluation, GE was specified by The Boeing Company to develop a 110,000 to 115,000 pound-thrust GE90 derivative engine for the longer-range 777-200LR, -300ER and 777 Freighter aircraft. The Boeing 777-200LR and 777 Freighter normally only require the derated GE90-110B engines."

So most probably both, if one of the current real world operators uses the 115 we will sure have it.

• Upvote 3

No doubt that the biggest, baddest and most powerful engine with be modeled for the B77L on initial release because the B77W use the same engine.

• Upvote 2

Delta uses the GE90-110B1 on theirs. I hope we can choose via the FMC config to use either one.

Eric 

I'm sure we get both engine variants.

The -110B because it was shown several time in their previews like this: ge110bxeuib.jpg

And I'm sure we'll get the -115B on the -200LR because we get the -300ER after the -200LR/LRF release.

If PMDG makes an addon, they make it as real as it gets. So no doubt there's only one engine type  :wink:

Darn. No hints regarding release in that photo. B)

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hello everyone!

Customers of the real Boeing 777-200LR can choose between the GE90-110B1 and the GE90-115B (777-300ER engine). Could someone tell me which engines we will get with the PMDG T7 LR?

The GE90-11B is a little bit bigger has slightly more power!

Greetings from Germany,

Maurice

Actually they are the same size. They are just programmed differently.

Personally I would love to choose because I believe a couple of cargo companies opted for the -115, but no passenger airlines have. But if PMDG reflects this with the individual carriers, then that's cool too.

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Personally I would love to choose because I believe a couple of cargo companies opted for the -115, but no passenger airlines have. 

Polite correction: Ethiopian actually have -115's on their LR's! I have a feeling they went for the option since they fly to some high altitude airports around Africa. 

I'll probably stick with the -110B so I can have some difference when flying the -300ER ha. But also, I like your idea of PMDG putting whichever engine variant x-airline uses. Kind of like they offer the airline panel state option with the liveries. 

Polite correction: Ethiopian actually have -115's on their LR's! I have a feeling they went for the option since they fly to some high altitude airports around Africa.

I'll probably stick with the -110B so I can have some difference when flying the -300ER ha. But also, I like your idea of PMDG putting whichever engine variant x-airline uses. Kind of like they offer the airline panel state option with the liveries.

I knew someone had that option on their LR, because they needed it for high altitude stuff. Just couldn't remember who. Thanks

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Correction: please read this link

http://www.geaviation.com/engines/commercial/ge90/ge90-115b.html

Quote:

"Following an extensive technical evaluation, GE was specified by The Boeing Company to develop a 110,000 to 115,000 pound-thrust GE90 derivative engine for the longer-range 777-200LR, -300ER and 777 Freighter aircraft. The Boeing 777-200LR and 777 Freighter normally only require the derated GE90-110B engines."

So most probably both, if one of the current real world operators uses the 115 we will sure have it.

Ok..! We´ll see.... Ethopian Airlines ordered Boeing 777-200LR with 115B Engines. It would be awesome if we can choose the engine type.

I personally will be very sad if we don't see the -115b because it truly is the greatest engine ever made, and it would be a shame not to have the world's largest, most powerful engine missing from the worlds' greatest, most advanced simulation of the world's greatest aircraft, wouldn't it?

Sure there is....Feb 2077

I guess you're right.

it would be a shame not to have the world's largest, most powerful engine missing from the worlds' greatest, most advanced simulation of the world's greatest aircraft, wouldn't it?

To a degree. I just think it would be a shame not to have the world's largest, most powerful engine missing from the world's greatest, most advanced simulation of the world's second greatest aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Same engine, different thrust rating. I suppose it will depend on whether PMDG got both sets of data. If they do model the -115 version expect plenty of threads complaining that the 777 climbs too fast when users take off at full thrust and with light weight.

It doesn't really matter to me, both engines are realistic options. I don't feel the need to have the most powerful engine possible. If anything coping with the limitation of lower thrust will make things more interesting.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I guess you're right.

To a degree. I just think it would be a shame not to have the world's largest, most powerful engine missing from the world's greatest, most advanced simulation of the world's second greatest aircraft.

and what aircraft would that be?