Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

GE90-110B1 or GE90-115B engines? Which one will we get with our PMDG 777LR?

Just out of interest what's the sound difference between 110 & 115 ? Is there any notable difference ?

Just out of interest what's the sound difference between 110 & 115 ? Is there any notable difference ?

yes the 110 sounds like the 110 and the 115 sounds like the  ............?

I am most looking forward ot the 200ER expansion pack with the RR Trent 800 series.

• Upvote 4

Mitchell Haughee

yes the 110 sounds like the 110 and the 115 sounds like the ............?

Brilliant ! that's exactly the answer I was looking for ... not ... is there any notable difference in sound ? Tone ? etc#

Can you tell the difference between a 110 and a 115 by listening ?

I am most looking forward ot the 200ER expansion pack with the RR Trent 800 series.

+1

Sent from my Sony Xperia TL

Brilliant ! that's exactly the answer I was looking for ... not ... is there any notable difference in sound ? Tone ? etc#

Can you tell the difference between a 110 and a 115 by listening ?

Probably just a slight increase in tone because of the slightly higher n1 needed to achieve 5k lbs more thrust

+2!!!! Can't wait to do American flights from my home airport, dfw.

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

+1

Probably just a slight increase in tone because of the slightly higher n1 needed to achieve 5k lbs more thrust

+3

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

They're not different engines - this is the same idea as with all the different CFM56-7B ratings on the NG. It's the exact same engine and the customer just pays more for an EEC software unlock that gives it the 115k rating. We've modeled the 110k for the base pack and the 115k will come with the 300ER. (before anyone starts complaining, our 110k modelling on the 200LR and F has the TO-B option that effectively makes it like a 115k for takeoff.) The 110B is the standard engine on both the 200LR and the F - only a handful of operators (Ethiopian is the only I'm actually aware of) have gone with the 115B option. Do not worry - the airplane is ridiculously overpowered with the 110Bs already.

• Upvote 7

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

+1

+3

+4

Gavin Price

Do not worry - the airplane is ridiculously overpowered with the 110Bs already.

First thing am doing is going completely empty, no pax or cargo, full thrust = WINNING.

First thing am doing is going completely empty, no pax or cargo, full thrust = WINNING.

Sounds like a plan! we should see who can get it into and out of the shortest runway lol

Alaister Kay

Ethiopian probably chose the 115's because their base is at 7k ft. When they fly to DC they have to stop in Rome because they can't fill her up taking off from that elevation. Watched the Just Planes 777 bluray :)

(before anyone starts complaining, our 110k modelling on the 200LR and F has the TO-B option that effectively makes it like a 115k for takeoff.)

Nice. Thanks Ryan

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

That's very difficult to control lol. You have to watch the tailstrike and flap overspeed risks really carefully, you'll shoot through your V2 and the flap speeds almost before you leave the ground. 40+ degree deck angle to stop it from accelerating etc.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com